In Windows 10, the language pack is a beneficial feature that is used to switch between different languages either for Windows display or writing. However, some users reported having an experience of Language Pack error 0x800f0954 on their device.
This error may continue popping up, for example, when you add language features and cause several issues on your PC. Here, in this article, we will discuss different ways to sort out this issue such as- Edit Wuauserv settings, Change Wi-Fi Settings, etc. Let’s explore this bug and its solutions in detail-
What causes this Language Pack error 0x800f0954
Some of the possible factors which may generate the error 0x800f0954 on your device are as follow-
- Windows update- Some update files appear to hamper the proper functioning of the services required to install language packs triggering the hiccup. It all depends upon the settings of the system.
- Corrupt/erased files- The crucial Windows system files might be damaged or erased. In addition, if any critical program file is missing or wrongly configured then the language packs will not act appropriately.
- Internet connection- Weak Internet connection might also be the reason for the trigger of this error.
Features that get affected due to this Error Message
The functions which get mainly impacted by the error 0x800f0954 are- English Optical Character Recognition, English AU Speech Recognition utilities, and handwriting recognition tools.
Unexpectedly, they’re some of the most essential features while localizing PC language input.
Fix- Windows 10 Language Pack error 0x800f0954
Here we discuss 3 different ways to fix error 0x800f0954 on your System, they are-
1. Change Wi-Fi Settings
At first, check whether metered connection toggle switch is On or OFF in your System. If you have enabled this previously, you should turn it off then only complete the installation of chosen language packs. Here’s how to do-
- Click on the Start button and type Wi-Fi settings followed by the Enter key to access Wireless network.
- Explore the name of the connected device.
- Scroll the mouse wheel to Metered connection then turn off this toggle switch. (See Snapshot below)
- Wait patiently for a while until a message pops up on your screen – We’re installing new features.
- Click on the same and continue waiting until everything installs on your device.
- Subsequently, you may turn your Metered connection back on.
2. Edit Wuauserv settings
Wuauserv is a Windows system service that contains the wuauserv.dll library. It is a critical tool and takes care of the Windows Update feature. If there’s an issue related to this service, you might face this Language pack error on your screen. However, adjusting its configuration may remove the error.
- Open the Run dialog by pressing the Win+R altogether.
- In the void, type regedit using your keyboard then hit the OK button.
- This will launch the Registry Editor, Click Yes button if prompted by UAC.
- Navigate to the location via path-
- Succeeding after, jump to the right side of the window and open the registry key UseWUServer.
In case, you don’t find such a key; make a right-click the blank area and select New then DWORD (32 bit) Value. Make sure to rename this entry to UseWUServer.
- Here change the Base to Decimal and put the value to O, tap OK then close the Registry.
- Again, click the Start button and type cmd.
- Select the Command Prompt from the result and then do a right-click on the same.
- Henceforth choose Run as administrator on the context menu. If prompted by UAC, tap Yes.
This will open a black screen with Administrator privileges. Here, you have to type these commands one by one and press the Enter key after each entry.
net stop wuauserv net stop bits net stop appidsvc net stop cryptsvc ren C:WindowsSoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old ren C:WindowsSystem32catroot2 catroot2.old net start bits net start wuauserv net start appidsvc net start cryptsvc
- After performing the above task, close the cmd and attempt again to download the Language packs which were failed to install earlier.
3. Manually add the pack
If the above methods didn’t work and you’re still receiving the Language Pack error 0x800f0954. In this situation, you may add the required Language pack manually through local settings-
- Press Win+I simultaneously to open the Settings window.
- Select the Time & Language category thereafter Language settings on the left pane.
- Tap on Add a Language. It will display the list of all the languages presents there.
- Type the name of your preferred language in the search box. Once found, select it and click the Next button at the bottom of the page. Furthermore, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
The continuous pop-up of this Language Pack error 0x800f0954 may be irritating and problematic. However, we hope that it would be sorted out using one of our solutions.