Windows Update issues are really tiresome and require proper knowledge to rectify them. If you have experienced any Windows Update related trouble recently on your System and don’t know how to curb this out, then read this post in detail.
Here in this article, we will discuss quick tools to resolve different update related error messages at one go. Let’s move to see them one after another:
How to fix Windows Update issues in Windows 10
Here are the step-wise workarounds to fix Windows Update issues in Windows 10.
Often Encountered Update Error Codes on Windows 10
There are various error codes that appear from time to time on Windows Machine. Some of these are 0x80073712, 0x800705B4, 0x80004005, 0x8024402F, 0x80070002, 0x80070643, 0x80070003, 0x8024200B, 0x80070422, 0x80070020 etc. The simple thumb rule here is if you get any Windows Update related problem on any version of Windows 10, then apply the aforementioned fix on your PC.
1. Run the Windows Update troubleshooter
- At first, you need to download the Windows Update Troubleshooter.
- Select Open with or Save file option so that this file is saved on your local drive.
- When you select the Save option, you have to choose a specific directory where this troubleshooter is stored.
- Once this process is finished, open the wu.diagcab application to start the troubleshooter wizard.
- Click on the Next button to go ahead. Now follow the On-Screen instructions to locate and resolve the update related problem.
Note: In case, the Troubleshooter window doesn’t appear up, there is a possibility that the pop-up blocker is turned on.
- There are many tools that let you disable this blocker. If you’re using Microsoft Edge click here for the complete instruction guide. Here are the steps for Internet Explorer users.
- If you are comfortable with other browsers or individual pop-up blocker, go to the manufacturer website of that browser or blocker.
Hope the above article proves to be helpful to avoid the common occurring Windows Update related issue on Window 10 Device.