Have you recently encountered error codes – 0x80072726 or 0x8007274C while syncing the Mail app on Windows 10 PC? Well, this bug prevents users from sending or receiving their emails. Instead, it greets users with a message that reads – “
We’re having a problem downloading messages, Try again later“.
In this guide, we discuss three different methods that can help to resolve the Mail sync issues like – 0x8007274 or 0x80072726. These are – Disable third-party antivirus program, Exclude the svchost.exe process on the Firewall Defender, etc. Let’s explore the solutions in detail –
How to Fix Mail Sync Error Code 0x8007274C or 0x80072726
To solve the Mail Sync issue on Windows 10 PC, use the following workarounds –
1] Disable third-party Antivirus Program
Usually, the Mail sync error codes 0x8007274c or 0x80072726 occurs due to some interference of third-party antivirus programs. This may also appear if you are using 3rd-party firewall apps like BitDefender, Avast, AVG, etc.
To solve the mail sync trouble, you can either delete these third-party apps permanently or add them as an exception.
Note: Windows Security is a great antivirus program that one can use to scan for bugs and errors on the computer. If you haven’t tried it yet, we recommend using this utility program. Besides, the company releases a new stable state of this application every second Tuesday of the month – “Patch Day“.
2] Exclude the svchost.exe process on the Windows Firewall
At times, the 0x80072726/0x8007274c error simply arises due to Firewall blocking a few system processes. If that’s the case, you may correct the Mail sync issue by disabling the Defender Firewall. Here’s how to proceed –
- Jointly press Win+Q to start the Search UI.
- Type “firewall” in the text field and double-click on the top result.
- Doing so will invoke the “Windows Defender Firewall” page inside the Control Panel.
- On the left column, hit “
Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall“. See the Snapshot below –
- Next, click “Change Settings“.
- This will activate the previously greyed option i.e. “Allow another app”.
- Clicking over this link will pop-up a new “Add an app” window.
- Here, hit Browse and select the “svchost.exe” application available at the following two locations –
- After entering the above path, choose “svchost.exe” and hit the Add button.
- Now, scroll down inside the “Allowed apps and features” section and mark the checkboxes next to “Host Process for Windows Service“.
- Click OK to confirm the recent changes and Restart your PC.
3] Allow the svchost.exe inside Windows Defender
Allowing the svchost.exe process inside the Windows Firewall should solve the Mail sync error codes 0x80072726 or 0x8007274c. If not, you must allow the default Antivirus program to include the svchost.exe file.
If you use Microsoft Defender as the default anti-malware program, follow the below guideline –
- Go to the navigation pane on the taskbar and click the shield icon.
- When the Windows Security page comes into view, head over to the following path –
Exclusions > Click and Add exclusion
- Next, click
"Exclude a exe, com or str process"and exclude the below processes –
That would be all!