Recently, a few users complained of receiving an activation error 0xc004f200 while trying to activate their copy of Windows 10. You may get such errors when the Windows 10 product key you entered isn’t valid or has already in use on some other PC. Microsoft doesn’t allow activating multiple devices using the same product key. If this indeed is the case, you better purchase a new license by visiting the official site.
Microsoft recognizes an activated Windows only when the hardware remains intact. So, if you did perform a hardware change, your PC is bound to get into activation problems including the error code 0xc004f200. In such a scenario, read and apply the solutions discussed in this tutorial.
Fix Windows 10 Activation Error 0xc004f200
These are the following methods that you should attempt to fix error 0xc004f200 and re-activate Windows 10 –
- Perform Windows Activation Troubleshooter
- Uninstall Recent Update
- Change the Product Key
- Contact Microsoft online support
1] Perform Windows Activation Troubleshooter
Running Windows Activation Troubleshooter is the best tool to find and fix the issues that are preventing your Windows from being activated. Here’s how this process goes –
- Press Win key + I (to Open Settings)
- Tap on Update & Security, thereafter choose Activation.
- Navigate to the right pane and then click on the Troubleshooter link.
- When a pop-up window appears asking to allow accessing User Account Control, hit on Yes.
- Wait for some time, while this finds and repairs the issues (if there are any) automatically.
Once it has been done, Reboot your PC and check the related concern is solved or is still occurring.
2] Uninstall Recent Update
If the activation problem has started occurring after a recent Windows 10 update, you should uninstall it on your PC. Here’s how to perform this task –
- Open Windows Settings (Win key + I).
- Tap on Update and Security, thereafter select Windows Update.
- Move to the right pane, locate and click over View Update History.
- On the next screen, click Uninstall updates.
- The system will then redirect you to the Control Panel.
- Find the recently installed updates on your PC and put a right-click over it.
- Select Uninstall on the context menu.
Now that you have uninstalled the latest cumulative update, make sure to halt Windows 10 updates. This is to ensure that the buggy update doesn’t download automatically on your device.
3] Change the Product Key
In case you have already followed the above solutions yet are getting activation error messages, try using your genuine product key.
- Open Windows Settings (Win Key + I).
- Proceed as follows – Update & Security > Activation.
- Jump to the right pane and click Change Product Key.
- Fill in your genuine product key i.e. 25 digits. Make sure to double-check the number for typo mistakes.
- Click Next so that the entered code is checked upon its validity on the Microsoft servers.
- The company will look for the Genuity of the entered number and when it passes the required checks, your device becomes activated.
4] Contact Microsoft Online Support to Fix Activation Error 0xc004f200
If you are still on a non-activated Windows, you need to contact Microsoft Online Support and make them aware of your situation. They might ask to repeat your product key, just do as they say. At the end of the conversation, your PC must get activated.