The process of upgrading or installing Windows OS can sometimes be problematic and cause a little bit of difficulty. While it is generally quite simple and crucial to upgrade, there is an error that might occur when users complete the process. One of the most common errors is Activation Error 0xC004F211 which occurs when you change some hardware of your Windows 10 PC.
RESTORO is a great repair tool that automatically finds and repairs different issues on Windows OS. Having this tool will protect your PC against malicious codes, hardware failures, and several other bugs. Moreover, this also ensures you use your device to its fullest capabilities and performance.
Get the Restoro Tool
It is possible that you upgraded or removed the old hardware recently. As a result, Windows may not have been able to determine whether the key is being used on a new device or the same one. This blog post will provide a simple solution that you can use to resolve Error 0xC004F211. The same procedure can also be used to resolve the error 0xC004F213.
- Windows reported that the hardware of your device has changed, “0xC004F211”
- Windows reported that no product key was found on your device, “0xC004F213”
How to Fix Windows 10 Activation Error 0xC004F211
To fix Windows 10 Activation Error 0xC004F211, use the steps –
Run Windows Activation Troubleshooter
The first and foremost thing you should do is run the Windows 10 Activation Troubleshooter.
Even though your Windows 10 has a genuine key, it may fail to get activated.
- Open Windows Settings using Win+I keyboard shortcut.
- On the following screen, you need to select Update & Security.
- From the left pane, go to the Activation section.
- Move to the right pane and click the Troubleshoot link. If you didn’t get there the troubleshoot option then make sure to activate the OS.
- When UAC prompts on the screen, click on the Yes button.
- This will detect the problem regarding Windows activation.
- When the process completes, select the link saying, I changed hardware on this device recently.
- Using your credentials, sign in to your linked Microsoft account.
- Select the device you’re currently working on and then select the Activate button.
- Once Windows gets activated, close the ongoing page.
- After completion of the process, restart your Windows PC and check if the issue is solved.
Commonly, small changes in the hardware don’t create any problem with Windows activation unless you have made any major hardware change. For example – Suppose you change your motherboard. In this case, the Windows Activation system takes it as new hardware and causes a problem. In order to fix this issue, you would need a new license.
Note: If the above-mentioned method doesn’t work for you, then try to change your product key by reading this tutorial to fix the activation error 0xC004F211.
What happens if you fail to activate Windows 10?
If you fail to activate Windows 10 on your computer, the message “Windows isn’t activated, Activate Windows now” will appear in Settings. When this happens, you will no longer be able to customize your wallpaper, themes, accent colors, lock screen, etc. Everything relevant to Personalization will become grayed out or inaccessible. Apps and functionality will cease to work.
Why can’t I activate my Windows?
You might not be able to activate a copy of Windows that is installed on more than one machine. Microsoft Software License Terms prohibit the use of the product key on more than one PC at a time. You will need a new product key or copy of Windows for each additional computer that you want to activate.