On upgrading or installing Windows OS it becomes sometimes problematic and can result in a little bit of complicacy. Although the upgrading process usually does quite simple and crucial, there is such error that might occur when users complete the installation. One of the most common errors is Activation Error 0xC004F211 which occurs when you changed some hardware of your Windows 10 PC.
There is a possibility that you upgraded or removed the old hardware in recent times. And hence Windows might not have determined whether the key is used on a new device or it’s the same one. In this blog post, you will know an easy approach to fix Windows Activation Error 0xC004F211. You can also avail of the same procedure to resolve the error 0xC004F213.
- Windows reported that the hardware of your device has changed, “0xC004F211”
- Windows reported that no product key was found on your device, “0xC004F213”
How to Fix Windows 10 Activation Error 0xC004F211
To fix Windows 10 Activation Error 0xC004F211, use the steps –
Windows Activation Troubleshooter
The first and foremost thing you should do is run the Windows 10 Activation Troubleshooter.
Even though your Windows 10 has a genuine key, it may fail to get activated.
- Open Windows Settings using Win+I keyboard shortcut.
- On the following screen, you need to select “Update & Security”.
- From the left pane, go to the Activation section.
- Move to the right pane and click the Troubleshoot link. If you didn’t get there the troubleshoot option then make sure to activate the OS.
- When UAC prompts on the screen, click on the Yes button.
- This will detect the problem regarding Windows activation.
- When the process completes, select the link saying, I changed hardware on this device recently.
- Using your credentials, sign in to your linked Microsoft account.
- Select the device you’re currently working on and then select the Activate button.
- Once Windows gets activated, close the ongoing page.
- After completion of the process, restart your Windows PC and check if the issue is solved.
Commonly, small changes in the hardware don’t create any problem with Windows activation unless you have made any major hardware change. For example – Suppose you change your motherboard. In this case, the Windows Activation system takes it as new hardware and causes a problem. In order to fix this issue, you would need a new license.
Note: If the above-mentioned method doesn’t work for you, then try to change your product key by reading this tutorial to fix the activation error 0xC004F211.