Several users reported having encountered the 0x800f0922 Windows 10 error code on their device. This error message might warn about two problems while updating Windows 10 or installing a specific update. As per the majority of the users, this issue prompts during the installation of the cumulative update KB3213986. Therefore, the tech community assumed at first that the core of the problem is the update or rather some of its files, which might have been corrupted during the installation.
The closer investigation exhibited that the older Windows 10 upgrades encounter the error, but less frequently. In addition to corrupted update files, the problem may be triggered by a Low System Reserved partition space or failure of the .Net framework installation portion of the Windows 10. However, the virus or malware infection should not be excluded from the list of provocative. Also, this issue hasn’t been common with the earlier Windows 10 updates. It appears that the announcement of KB3213986 made the situation more critical. In this article, we provide easy and effective solutions to fix 0x800F0922 error and install updates. Besides, users receive an error message in the given format –
Some updates were not installed
Code: 0x800F0922 Windows Update ran into a problem.
Fix – Update Error 0x800f0922 in Windows 10
Here, we elaborate on different step-wise solutions to fix the Update error 0x800f0922 in Windows 10 PC.
1} Check your internet connection and disable VPN
If you encounter the Update error 0x800f0922 on your PC, the first reasonable thing you must ensure is the proper internet connectivity. In case, you are using a VPN or other router to connect to the network, just switch off the device then re-enable it. You may switch to some other VPN apps as well.
2} Turn off Windows Defender Firewall
The Firewall being the Security tool, is freely available for all Windows 10 devices. Their work is to protect the system from malicious attacks. Yet sometimes, it might block the genuine files and thus causes the Update error 0x800f0922. Hence, the best choice here is to temporarily disable the Windows Defender Firewall in your system. Here is the proper guideline-
Step-1: Hit the Search icon and type Control Panel, click on the well-matching result to begin this app.
Step-2: Under System and Security category, select the Windows Defender Firewall option.
Step-3: Now, go to the left pane and hit Turn Windows Defender Firewall On or Off.
Step-4: Here, mark the radio button Turn Windows Firewall on or off under both private as well as public sections. See the Snapshot below-
Step-5: Hit OK to save this configuration thereafter close the current window.
Once you complete the above steps, you may now update your computer without receiving any interrupting error 0x800f0922.
Note: There is no need to enable the Windows Firewall manually. As soon as the PC restarts, the Firewall will get enabled by itself.
3} Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
Generally, Windows update troubleshooter detects and manages any underlying cause that prevents the renovating process. This task is quite easy, just perform these simple steps-
- At first, launch the Settings app using Win+I hotkey.
- Next, select Update & Security followed by Troubleshoot from the left pane.
- Switch to the right-hand side and scroll down to locate Windows Update, once found hit the same.
- Here, tap Run the troubleshooter button to begin the detecting and troubleshooting process.
- Once over, Restart your computer and install the LCU again.
4} Enable .NET framework
In case, the Update error 0x800F0922 is still hampering the performance, ensure that the .Net framework feature is disabled on your PC. Here are the essential steps-
- Firstly, press Win and R to launch the Run dialog.
- Subsequently, in the search area, type control panel and hit OK to start this Desktop app.
- Thereupon, select Programs and Features section followed by Turn Windows Features on or off from the left pane.
Note: If you are unable to see this option, select Small icons under the “View by:” section.
- Next, activate the .Net framework checkbox on the Windows features page then hit the OK button.
- At last, Reboot your PC so as to save the changes made so far.
5} Config trusted installer using command prompt
In case, the above workarounds simply fail to solve the Update error 0x800f0922, execute the following codes using Command prompt-
- Type cmd in the Search box and right-click on the appeared Command Prompt option.
- Using the context menu, select Run as administrator option.
- The confirmation dialog will appear instantly, tap Yes to proceed.
- On the elevated command prompt, type the following command line and hit the Enter key-
SC config trustedinstaller start=auto
- Succeeding after, Restart your computer.
- After the next login, navigate to Settings > Update & security and download the awaiting updates.
6} Remove all your temporary files
The presence of unnecessary cache or temporary files may lead to the error 0x800f0922 thus interfere with the Update process. Deleting these temp files will resolve this issue, just follow the below steps-
- Right-click on the Windows icon and select the Run option.
- In the void box, type %temp% thereafter press the OK button.
- This will launch the folder comprising a list of temporary files.
- Delete all the contents that exist inside and Restart your computer.
You may now update the existing OS with the latest cumulative update.
7} Repair the installation file
Sometimes, corrupted system files might also be the reason to lead error 0x800f0922 while updating the PC. Therefore, repairing these malicious documents using the SFC command would be a good step to avoid this critical issue. Here are the steps to proceed-
- Go to the Search and type Command Prompt in the text box.
- Right-click on the result and choose Run as administrator.
- If the User Account Control appears, tap Yes to give permission.
- Type sfc/scannow on the black surface and hit Enter key.
- This will start the scanning process.
- When it completes, Restart your device and download the cumulative updates again.
8} Repair damaged Windows images
If your installation is corrupted, you can also struggle and experience the Error 0x800f0922 Windows 10 issue on your display. In this case, it is recommended to perform the DISM command-line tool. If you don’t know how to run it, just follow the detailed steps below.
- At first open the Run dialog, using Win and R hotkey.
- In the void box, type cmd and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter together.
- This will open the elevated command prompt.
- Next, you will receive the UAC prompt, press Yes option.
- Now copy the below code and paste it on the black screen and tap Enter key.
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- This will takes approx 20 minutes to complete, so wait patiently.
- Once done, Reboot your PC and check for awaiting updates.
9} Reset windows update components
If the error 0x800f0922 continues prompting on the screen and you are still unable to update your system, there is the possibility of something wrong in Windows components. To remove this bug, clear all the downloaded files database cache and reset update components using the steps given below –
Step-1: Press Win and R hotkey together to open the Run dialog.
Step-2: In the text box type services.msc and hit OK button.
Step-3: Now scroll the cursor and locate Windows Update services.
Step-4: Once found, right-click on it and select Stop from the context menu.
Step-5: Repeat steps 3 and 4 to BITS and Superfetch (now called SysMain) to stop it’s running status.
Step-6: After that, press Win+E to open files Explorer.
Step-7: Here navigates the location C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download and remove all the contents inside there. To do this task, press Ctrl+A to select all items and hit the Delete button.
Step-8: Moving ahead, switch to the Window Update, BITS, and Superfetch services one by one and restart them again.
Step-9: Now close all the open tabs and Reboot your computer.
Step-10: Now, update the PC with no interruption.
10} Perform a clean boot
Sometimes the third party software available in the device creates the conflict during updating Windows. Performing a clean boot will help you to diagnose the stuck error 0x800f0922 while downloading KB. Follow the below procedure to do this –
- Right-click on the Start button and select the Run option.
- Type msconfig in the text box and tap the OK button.
- Switch to Services tab select and mark the checkbox before Hide all Microsoft services.
- Click on the Disable all button.
- Now click on the Startup and Open Task Manager option.
- Disable unnecessary running services and Restart your computer at the end.
- Finally, update your device without experience any interrupting issue.
11 Delete certain registry values
Certain keys value in the registry will definitely help you to fix the error 0x800f0922. However, this task is relatively complex because modification in this section might corrupt the Windows files and damage the computer performance. Therefore, you need to be careful before going to change under the registry. Here is how to do –
- Type regedit in the Windows search box and tap the Enter key.
- This will launch the Registry Editor window on your screen.
- If UAC prompts, press Yes to permit the entrance.
- When the app comes in view, navigate the following path –
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > WINEVT > Publishers
- Right-click on Publishers folder and select Export from the context menu.
- Select the location where you want to export this key-value then type the desired file name.
- Thereafter click the Save button to confirm the changes.
- Reboot your device and install the cumulative updates again.