Sometimes you might have encountered various types of errors while using the printer on your computer. Error 0x000007d1 is such a related printer error that has been reported in a brand new Epson printer. Generally, this issue occurs when the printer stops responding, and then it throws an additional error message The specified driver is invalid. Read this article if you are also facing the same error code on your computer screen.
Editor Tip: RESTORO is a great software that can automatically find and resolve update, activation, or driver issues on your Windows 11/10 PC. Having this tool ensures that you can use your device to its fullest capacity.
Download: RESTORO PC Repair Tool
When this error occurs, a message appears that says – Operation could not be completed (error 0x000007d1). The specified driver is invalid. Before proceeding, restart your system and remove any print job queues. Then check if it resolves the issue.
Printer Error 0x000007d1 in Windows 10
Use a simple Registry hack to fix this Error 0x000007d1. Follow the steps –
1. Try troubleshooting the Printer
First of all, I would suggest you try troubleshooting your printer and check if it works.
- Open the Settings app by pressing Windows + I shortcut key.
- On the next screen, select Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
- Now go to the right pane and select Additional troubleshooters.
- Select Printer and hit Run the troubleshooter. Wait for a minute until your system detects and fixes the problem automatically.
2. Change the registry settings
If troubleshooting the printer doesn’t work then try some changes in the registry settings. Here is how to do:
- Before you begin, make sure to create the system restore point.
- Now right-click on the Start button and select Run.
- Type “
regedit” and hit enter to open the Registry Editor window.
- If UAC prompts on the screen, click Yes to confirm.
- On the next page, go to the following key:
- In the left pane, right-click on the PostSPUpgrade key and select Delete.
- To confirm key delete, click on the Yes button, and the key will be removed permanently.
- Once you complete, close the Registry window and reboot your device.
I hope it helps you to fix the Printer Error 0x000007d1 in Windows 10.
- How to fix Printer Error 0x00005b3 on Windows 10
- How to Fix Printer Error 0x00000709 on Windows 10
- Fix Unable to install Printer error 0x00000c1 in Windows 10
Tip: If you are facing update, activation, or driver issues on your Windows PC, try RESTORO PC Repair Tool.This software will scan your device for potential issues and resolve them automatically.