Microsoft has officially announced an early build of Windows 11 i.e. 22000.51 under its Dev Channel. The new OS is all about visual changes, a clean interface, and smooth operations. If you want to give Windows 11 operating system a try, follow this tutorial in detail. We have included two different ways to download and install the new OS on your device.
Apart from the basic changes that you will notice after installing the new operating system, you will notice quite a new Out-Of-Box Experience as well. This new OOBE provides a complete lavish look to installing Windows OS with custom preferences like – Choose Country, Privacy Settings, Keyboard Setup, etc.
If you had ever installed Windows 10X, the new OOBE won’t surprise you that much. The basic installation steps are still the same with a few changes color-wise. Let’s explore the key steps involved in installing the new operating system on your device.
Download and Install Windows 11 New OS
If you are willing to download and install Windows 11 New OS on your device, do the following –
1] Become an Insider
To try out the new features and changes that come with Windows 11, you need to first register for the Windows Insider Program. Normally, you require a valid Microsoft account to become an insider, you may bypass this requirement as well. Read here on how to join Windows 10 Insider Program using a Local Account.
After registering your Microsoft account for Windows Insider Program, go and check if your PC is compatible with Windows 11 or not. A few users encountered some error “This PC can’t run Windows 11” when they tried installing Windows 11 on their device. Well, in order to avoid all such confusion, make sure to check if your device can the new OS or not. To find this, you may take the help of these two applications.
We advise going for the second as this one will point out the exact compatibility issue. If the issue is related to Secure Boot or TPM 2.0, you can easily fix this by applying this workaround.
The next step would be to select the device on which you want to install Windows 11 Insider Dev Builds. Here’s a complete guideline on how to join the Windows Insider Program on your PC.
Download and Install Windows 11
Now that you have become an insider, use these steps to download and install Windows 11 on your device –
- Press Win + I.
- Select Update & Security > Windows Update.
- On the right pane, you will find an option “Check for updates”. Well, click on this.
- Wait for a while and the latest build i.e. 22000.51 starts downloading on your computer.
- Make sure to remain on high-speed internet as the file size would be roughly around 5GB+.
- No need to do anything, as the setup file installs automatically. When the installation completes, you will receive a prompt suggesting you restart your device. Well, do the same and you are on Windows 11.
Tip: If you feel your PC running very slow or has become buggy, either roll back to your previous Windows OS. This option gets disabled after a duration of 10 days. In case, ten days lapsed in your case as well, better get rid of the insider program, and clean install Windows 10 21H1.
2] Create Windows 11 Bootable Media
If you don’t want to become an insider you must wait a little longer. Microsoft has not released an ISO image of Windows 11 yet, however, you may keep an eye at the following for an official release. Once you have the ISO file, use these steps to create a bootable media –
- First of all, you need to have the Windows 11 ISO File.
- When you have it, attach a USB drive to your computer.
- Open Rufus next. If it prompts to check online, hit No. Rufus has officially paired up with Microsoft and supports downloading ISO images right from the official handle. However, in order to download updates from Rufus, you must hit Yes when the prompt asks about this. To know more about this, read this tutorial.
- Hit Select and browse to the location where you have downloaded the ISO file.
- After picking up the setup file, hit the Start button.
Note: The above Snapshot is for UEFI System with the “GPT” partition scheme. In case you are still using an old device, better choose MBR as the partition scheme and BIOS (UEFI-CSM) under the target system.
- Wait for 10-15 minutes while Rufus is making your USB drive bootable.
- Once this is over, keep the pen drive attached to your device and restart your PC.
Install Windows 11 on your device
Now that you have the required bootable media, use the below guideline to clean install Windows 11 –
- Attach the bootable media to your device and reboot your PC.
- When your device reloads, press the boot key such as – Esc, Del, F2, F9. The boot key varies depending on your system manufacturer.
- The system will ask to choose a device – select your USB drive.
- Windows 11 loads all the files that it requires for installing the operating system successfully. While doing so, it may take 15-20 minutes, so wait patiently.
- Your PC may restart several times during the installation. Remove your pen drive as soon as the cursor reaches the Finishing up section.
- Once this is over, you will see the new OOBE screen.
- Select the country where you reside.
- On the next screen, choose your default keyboard layout.
- Windows 11 might ask you to add another keyboard, proceed as you like, and hit Next.
- Subsequently, Windows 11 will ask to connect to a network connection. You may skip this method as well.
- In the end, choose privacy settings for your device and hit Next again.
- Your device will restart again and this time you are all set to use Windows 11 on your computer.
I hope you find this article useful and easy to follow. In case you have any queries or suggestions, let us know in the comment section.