The motherboard is the heart of the System and devices like CPU, memory, hard disk drives act as internal organs whereas connecting wires as veins. Sometimes, while updating BIOS, there is a necessity of basic details such as Motherboard manufacturer, Model, Serial number and current version. The role of this information increases when you are required to install the compatible device drivers.
Getting Motherboard Manufacturer, Model and Serial Number details on your PC is quite an easy task. Here, we look at three different ways to get such details. They are using Command Prompt, PowerShell and System Information. Let’s explore how to retrieve information via these applications.
Find Motherboard Manufacturer, Model and Serial Number
Here, we guide some easy methods to know the details of your Motherboard manufacturer, Model and Serial Number on Windows 10 PC-
1. Using Command Prompt
To know the above details, Command Prompt is the most appropriate method. Here are the steps to follow-
- Press Window key and R altogether to launch Run dialog.
- Type cmd at void then simultaneously press Ctrl+ Shift+ Enter to open Command Prompt as an Admin.
- If UAC prompts, tap Yes.
- Again, copy/paste the following code near blinking cursor thereupon hit Enter key. (See the snapshot below)
wmic baseboard get product, manufacturer, serialnumber, version
2. Via PowerShell
PowerShell too provides an option to know basic details about your PC such as- Motherboard, Serial Number, Model or current version. Here’s how to proceed-
- Press the Win logo and X using the keyboard to open the Power menu.
- From the list, select Windows PowerShell (Admin) option.
- When PowerShell window comes into view, execute the following code-
Get-WmiObject win32_baseboard | Format-List Product,Manufacturer,SerialNumber,Version
- After you press Enter key, all relevant information will appear as asked for. See the Screenshot below-
Note: In case, the above command does nothing, you may use an alternate command line to get the same information.
gwmi win32_baseboard | FL Product,Manufacturer,SerialNumber,Version
After having the details, you can close the PowerShell window if you want.
3. Using System Information
Alternatively, you can also get to know about the Motherboard Manufacturer and Serial Number in Windows 10 via the System Information section. Follow these steps sequentially-
- Make a right-click on the Windows icon and select Run from the list.
- Once Run dialog appears, type msinfo32 followed by OK to start the System Information window.
- Under left pane, select System Summary category then switches to the corresponding right-hand side.
Now look for the following items on the list to know about the motherboard’s details-
Baseboard Manufacturer (brand)
BaseBoard Product (model)
Once you get the relevant information, close the System information window.