Does your computer too hang during startup or fail to download files due to running explorer.exe in the background? There is a curiosity among several users of this being a Trojan or not.
When the explorer.exe runs on your System, it indicates that there is higher CPU utilization sometimes up to 100%. As a result, your system becomes slow while being in operation. Here in this article, we will discuss anew workaround to solve this issue in one go.
What does the explorer.exe file lie inside Windows10?
As we know that .exe is an executable product by Microsoft Corporation. At the same time, explorer.exe is the system software, known as Windows Explorer. This file is located under directory C:\Windows folder inside the operating system. The basic function of this is to manage the Graphical User Interface (GUI) and store the documents in HDD (hard disk drive). The size occupied by explorer.exe is approx. 1, 0321,292 bytes to 3,194,368 bytes for Windows 10 Machine. The main work of this application is to support user interface and allow users to access system files easily.
How to solve Explorer.exe issue in Windows 10
Here is how to solve the Explorer.exe issue in Windows 10
Using Registry Tweak
If you suspect that the running explorer.exe file is affecting your system or is a thread of viruses, you should delete the explorer in addition to the explorer.exe sub-key under registry tweak. Before going to apply this solution, close all the running applications then try to make a change under Registry Editor. Here is how to proceed-
- Press Win logo and R altogether to launch Run dialog box.
- In the void box, type regedit and hit Enter key to open Registry Editor.
- If the UAC prompt appears up, click Yes to give consent.
- Under the registry menu, navigate to the following path-
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution.options
- Here you will see the subkeys named as explorer.exe and iexplorer.exe.
- Next, right-click on this file and select the Delete option.
- Once you delete both the explorer and iexplorer.exe keys completely, make sure that these files are not listed under the Image File Execution Options key.
- At last close the Registry Editor and Reboot your System.
I hope the above solution helps you to solve the Explorer.exe issue on Windows 10 making your System run smoothly without any noise.
Note: You need to be careful while making changes under Registry Editor. The unusual changes in this application can corrupt the operating system or system files.
That would be all!!!