Xbox error code 0x87e105dc can prevent you from being able to access certain features or play certain games on your Xbox One console. This error code typically indicates a problem with the network connection between your console and your Windows PC. Fortunately, there are several methods you can try to fix this error and get back to gaming.
In this guide, we will cover several possible solutions for resolving Xbox error code 0x87e105dc in Windows.
How to Fix Xbox Error Code 0x87e105dc in Windows
To Fix Xbox Error Code 0x87e105dc in Windows, follow these steps:
1] Restart your Xbox One console
The first step to try when encountering Xbox error code 0x87e105dc in Windows is to restart both your Xbox One console and your Windows PC. This is a simple troubleshooting step that can often resolve connectivity issues.
By restarting both devices, you are essentially resetting their network connections and clearing any temporary glitches that may be causing the error. It can also be useful if a software update needs to be installed on the devices.
After restarting, try connecting your Xbox One console to your Windows PC again to see if the error code has been resolved.
2] Check your internet connection
Another method to try when encountering Xbox error code 0x87e105dc in Windows is to check your internet connection. A stable and fast internet connection is required for a smooth streaming experience between your Xbox One console and Windows PC. To check this, open the default web browser on your computer, then visit a website. If the website loads quickly and without any issues, then your internet connection is likely stable and fast enough for streaming.
But if you are experiencing slow internet speed or connectivity issues, try restarting your router or modem. If that doesn’t help, you should contact your internet service provider (ISP) for further assistance.
You can also run a network diagnostic test on your Xbox One console, to check if there is any issue with your network. Go to Settings > General > Network settings > Troubleshooting > Test network connection on your Xbox console. It will give you detailed information about your network connection.
3] Install Pending Firmware Update
Installing a pending update on your Xbox One console can also help to fix the error code 0x87e105dc. Firmware updates are released by Xbox to address bugs and improve performance on the console.
To install a pending firmware update on your Xbox One, follow these steps:
- On your Xbox One console, press the Xbox button.
- Click the Settings (gear) icon, then select All settings.
- In the Settings menu, click the System tab.
- Then go to the right and click the Updates option.
If there is an update available, select Download and follow the on-screen instructions to install the update. Once the update is installed, restart your console for the changes to take effect.
4] Clear the Alternate Mac Address
If the error code 0x87e105dc is still persisting, you can try clearing the MAC address on your Xbox One console. The MAC address is a unique identification number assigned to your console’s network adapter. Sometimes, the console may have an incorrect alternate MAC address stored which can cause connectivity issues.
Here are the steps to clear the alternate MAC address on your Xbox One:
- Press the Xbox button on your console.
- Click the Settings (gear) icon, then choose All settings.
- In the left pane of the Settings menu, click the Network tab.
- Click Advanced settings on the Network menu.
- Next, click Alternate Mac address in Advanced settings.
- Press the Clear button to clear the stored alternate MAC address.
- Restart your console for the changes to take effect.
Clearing the alternate MAC address may cause your console to lose its wired or wireless network connection. In this case, you will need to reconfigure your network settings on your console to connect to your network again.
5] Reset the Xbox console
This method requires you to reset your Xbox One console to factory settings. It can help you resolve any issues or conflicts that may be occurring on the console and causing the error. It will erase all data, settings, and installed games and apps.
Here are the steps to reset your Xbox One console:
- On your Xbox One console, press the Xbox button to open the guide menu.
- From the left pane, click the System tab.
- Now go to the right side and click the Console info option.
- Then click Reset console.
- Choose an option to either keep or remove personal data.
- Confirm the reset process.
After you follow the above steps, it will erase all data, settings, and installed games and apps, so you should back up all important data before resetting.
- How to Fix Xbox Error 0x89231022 on Windows.
- Fix Xbox Game Bar Record Button Greyed Out
- How to Fix Xbox Error 0x800700e9 in Windows PC
Tip: If you are facing update, activation, or driver issues on your Windows PC, try RESTORO PC Repair Tool. This software will scan your device for potential issues and resolve them automatically.