Some users encounter Error 0x87E1000C on their Xbox Series X while trying to open an application or game on the console. This problem usually appears during the installation of an app or game. The error may also appear if the installation is still incomplete. In order to resolve this problem, you will need to try several troubleshooting methods as described in this article.
What does Xbox Series X mean?
Xbox Series X is one of the most popular and high-end gaming consoles on the market, equipped with advanced hardware architecture and features. It allows the console to play games in true 4K resolution at 120 frames per second. The Game Pass subscription service, faster loading times, and expandable storage make it better than others.
What causes Xbox Error 0x87E1000C?
The Xbox Error 0x87E1000C usually occurs when background downloads are stopped and the console is then powered off.
How to Fix Xbox Error 0x87E1000C
Here is how to fix Xbox Error 0x87E1000C –
1] Restart the Game
There are sometimes temporary issues that can cause a game to freeze or not start, which can be resolved by closing and restarting the game. If the game is running, you can exit it by following these steps:
2] Wait for the installation to complete
It may take a few minutes for the game or app to finish installing. So wait until the installation is complete or until the item is ready to begin. Relaunch it and see if it works.
- Press the Xbox button on your console to open the guide.
Note: There are times when you cannot exit a game because it freezes. Whenever this happens, move on to the next solution.
- Select the game and press the Menu button on your controller.
- Then choose the Quit option.
- Restart the game and see if that helps.
3] Check Your Internet Connection
Playing a game can sometimes be affected by a network connection issue resulting in Error 0x87E1000C. To test your Xbox connection, follow these steps:
- On your controller, press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Navigate to Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings.
Note: Outages will be listed under Current Network Status.
- Select Test network connection from the Network settings screen. You can connect to the Xbox service if the connection test is successful.
- If your console asks you to update its software, click Yes.
4] Power Cycle Your Console
You can try a power cycle if you’re still not able to solve the error 0x87E1000C. The steps are as follows:
- Press and hold the Xbox button for approximately 10 seconds. This will cause the console to shut down.
- Now you will need to unplug the Xbox power cable from your Power Outlet.
- Please wait for a minimum of 30-60 seconds before continuing.
- Once the time has passed, reconnect your Xbox to the power outlet.
- On your console, press the Xbox button to turn it back on.
Repeat the same process if you do not see the green boot animation after restarting the console and hold down the power button until the console turns off. If this method does not work, try another solution
5] Uninstall the Game or App and Reinstall it
If you’re still facing the Xbox Error 0x87E1000C, we recommend you uninstall the game or app and then re-install it. Here are the steps you can use:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Click on My games & apps.
- Select See all, then find the app or game you want to remove.
- On your controller, press the Menu button and choose Uninstall.
- Hold down the Xbox button, then select Restart console.
- Go to My games & apps > See all > Games.
- Visit the Ready to install tab, then follow the steps to install the item again
Read Next: Xbox Error Code 0x87e10bca When Opening Apps
Tip: If you are facing update, activation, or driver issues on your Windows PC, try RESTORO PC Repair Tool. This software will scan your device for potential issues and resolve them automatically.