This post walkthrough provides solutions to fix the Windows 10 Update Error Code 0x80d06802 that occurs while installing the Windows updates. According to some users, the weirdest thing about this error code is that it shows the Windows to have updated even after failing to install. It comes with an error message that shows something like –
There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 - Error 0x80d06802
Every time when users try to update their Windows OS, they encounter an error code that prevents them from downloading and installing the latest updates on their PCs. In this post, we have compiled a few potential solutions that may help you fix them.
Windows Update Error 0x80d06802 in Windows 10
To fix the Windows Update Error 0x80d0602 in Windows 10, use the following methods –
- Reset Windows Update Components
- Use Windows Update troubleshooter
- Manually Install Windows 10 Updates
- Run System File Checker
- Perform a Clean boot
1. Reset Windows Update Components
It could be possible that some Windows Update Components are damaged and corrupted and due to which it shows the error code 0x80d06802. Resetting the Windows Update Components is the best solution you can try to solve this error code. To do so, use the following steps –
- Run Command Prompt as an Administrator.
- Once it opens, run the below commands to prevent the well-functioning of Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS), Windows Update service, and Cryptographic service –
net stop bits net stop wuauserv net stop appidsvc net stop cryptsvc
- After stopping the services, you need to remove the qmgr*.dat files –
Del "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\*.*"
- Click Y if you receive any confirmation message.
- Now, you have to rename the cache folders. To do this, run the below commands –
ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
- Then type the below commands and press Enter one by one to register all the BITS files and Windows Update DLLs on Registry –
regsvr32.exe wuaueng.dll regsvr32.exe wuaueng1.dll regsvr32.exe wucltui.dll regsvr32.exe wups.dll regsvr32.exe wups2.dll regsvr32.exe wuweb.dll regsvr32.exe qmgr.dll regsvr32.exe atl.dll regsvr32.exe urlmon.dll regsvr32.exe mshtml.dll regsvr32.exe shdocvw.dll regsvr32.exe browseui.dll regsvr32.exe jscript.dll regsvr32.exe qmgrprxy.dll regsvr32.exe wucltux.dll regsvr32.exe muweb.dll regsvr32.exe wuwebv.dll regsvr32.exe vbscript.dll regsvr32.exe scrrun.dll regsvr32.exe msxml.dll regsvr32.exe msxml3.dll regsvr32.exe msxml6.dll regsvr32.exe actxprxy.dll regsvr32.exe softpub.dll regsvr32.exe wintrust.dll regsvr32.exe dssenh.dll regsvr32.exe rsaenh.dll regsvr32.exe gpkcsp.dll regsvr32.exe sccbase.dll regsvr32.exe slbcsp.dll regsvr32.exe cryptdlg.dll regsvr32.exe oleaut32.dll regsvr32.exe ole32.dll regsvr32.exe shell32.dll regsvr32.exe initpki.dll regsvr32.exe wuapi.dll
- After that, do a network reset by running the below commands –
netsh winsock reset netsh winhttp reset
- Once you have done, start all the services that are stopped earlier. To do this, run the below commands –
net start bits net start wuauserv net start appidsvc net start cryptsvc
- Restart your computer and the update error 0x80d06802 should be resolved now.
2. Use Windows Update troubleshooter
Windows Update troubleshooter is a built-in application that is used to repair the various common problems on Windows 10. So, resetting the Windows Update Components don’t work, you can try this solution –
- Open the Settings app using Win+I keys.
- Navigate to the Update & Security section and then click the Troubleshoot submenu.
- On the right side, click on the Additional troubleshooters link.
- Next, select Windows Update then click Run the troubleshooter to detects and fix the problem automatically.
- Now restart your computer and see whether the error 0x80d06802 is fixed or not.
3. Manually Install Windows 10 Updates
The failure sometimes also occurs if you have installed a faulty configured patch update on your device. In such a case, you need to download and install Windows 10 Updates manually and see if it helps.
4. Run System File Checker
Corrupted System files are other possible aspects that may lead to cause the Windows 10 update error 0x80244010 on your PC. To fix this error, you can run the system file checker utility and see if it helps.
To run the SFC scan, here are the steps –
- Open the Start menu and search for the Command Prompt.
- From the search result, right-click on it and select Run as administrator.
- If UAC prompts on the screen, click Yes to continue.
- In the elevated console, run the below command –
- This may take around 10-15 minutes to complete the process, so wait patiently.
- Once it completes, restart your PC and see if it works.
After performing the above steps, sign back in and check if you can now update your operating system. If still not, try the next one.
5. Perform a Clean boot
- Click on Start, type msconfig, and press Enter to open the System Configuration.
- On the General tab, select the Selective Startup checkbox.
- Next, untick the Load startup items checkbox, and leave the other options as they are.
- On the Services tab, select the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- Then click the Disable all button.
- Finally, click Apply and then hit the OK button.
Once you complete the instructions, reboot your Windows 10 PC and see if it works.
If performing the clean boot solves the error code 0x80d06802, the next step you need to check which application was the real culprit to cause this error. To do this, repeat the above steps and then you can turn on the disabled services one by one.
I hope it helped you fix the Update Error Code 0x80d06802