May 2023 Non-security update for Windows 11 version 22h2 is now available under the name “KB5026446”. Since this is a preview update, this will be available only under Windows Update and Microsoft’s Update Catalog. We suggest going through its changelog and the intermittent issue that might pop up after upgrading to this OS Build version. Only when you are well-versed with the known issues, go ahead and install this update on your Windows 11 PC.
Windows 11 22h2 KB5026446 Changelog
With this non-security patch update, you are likely to receive the following new features and bug fixes on your PC –
- Provides the full amount of storage capacity of all your Microsoft OneDrive subscriptions. From now onward, you can view the total storage on the Accounts page in the Settings app.
- Adds Bluetooth® Low Energy (LE) Audio to your Windows 11 PC. For this to happen, your device must support Bluetooth LE Audio. With this new feature available to your computer, the audio fidelity and battery life improves a lot. This also makes pairing your earbuds and headphones quite an easy task on your computer.
- Resolves an issue affecting the Narrator on Windows 11. The Narrator may now announce text attributes correctly for words, such as “misspelled,” “deletion change,” and “comment.”
- Addresses an issue that affects access to Tab settings for IE mode sites.
- Resolves an issue wherein the multi-function label printer doesn’t work.
- Works on an issue that affects audio playback. With this update, your device will not fail while connecting to PCs with some particular processors.
- Improves the touch keyboard for better reliability and functionality. Earlier, it used to show the wrong layout for the French-Canadian language. This also addresses an issue wherein some touch keyboard does not show the correct layout based on the current input scope.
- Addresses an issue that affects the Chinese and Japanese Input Method Editor (IME). Previously, when you search within the Emoji Panel (Windows key + period (.) ), the search might fail for some of you.
List of all new features, bug fixes, and other improvements
Known Issues on this update
After installing this patch update, you may encounter the following issues on your Windows 11 version 22h2 –
- You might face intermittent issues saving, copying, or attaching files using 32-bit apps, which are huge files, and using the CopyFile API. This happens mostly when you use some commercial or enterprise security software that uses extended file attributes. This bug might even affect Office apps like Word or Excel only when you are using 32-bit versions. In such cases, you may even receive errors like – “Document not saved.”
Sol: To overcome this issue, users may attempt to save or copy that particular file again. Since this problem is intermittent, there’s a probability that the issue resolves on a subsequent try.
How to Get this Update
As usual, you may upgrade Windows 11 to OS Build 22621.1778 by reaching out to the below path and hitting Check for updates.
Settings > Windows Update
To check for any driver or firmware update, you may click Advanced options > Optional updates under Windows Update. Click to view other updates, tick the checkbox available left of a pending update, and hit Download & Install. Wait for the update to download successfully and when this is over, click Restart now.
That’s it, you have successfully upgraded your Windows 11 to its latest build version.
Direct Download Links to KB5026446
If you have disabled getting auto-updates on your computer, you may visit Microsoft’s Update Catalog, and download the standalone package of the latest updates. Make sure to pick the update matching your system architecture, and hit the Download button available next to that.
A window will pop up next, click the top link to begin downloading the latest cumulative update on your Windows PC. After the download completes, double-click on the setup file to begin its installation.
Tip: If you are facing update, activation, or driver issues on your Windows PC, try RESTORO PC Repair Tool. This software will scan your device for potential issues and resolve them automatically.