Microsoft releases the May 2023 non-security patch update KB5026436 for Windows 11 version 21h2. With this update, the tech company has also announced several bug fixes, new features, and improvements to users lying on this OS Build. If you are one such user and want to upgrade to OS Build 22000.2003, we suggest go through its changelog and known issues for it and then plan accordingly.
Windows 11 version 21h2 KB5026436 Changelog
After upgrading your Windows 11 version 21h2 to OS Build 22000.2003, you will notice the following changes on your computer –
- Resolves an issue with the Narrator wherein it announces text attributes correctly for words, such as “misspelled,” “deletion change,” and “comment.”
- Addresses an issue affecting the access to Tab settings for IE mode sites.
- Certain printers were earlier imposing an issue wherein they fail to install if they connect to Wi-Fi automatically. The developers have resolved this issue with this preview update. Moreover, they also work on and fix a long-persisting issue on a multi-function label printer which affects the installation of some of them.
- Addresses an issue wherein certain audio playback fail on devices that have certain processors.
- Improves the user experience (UX) and interactions for the search box on the taskbar.
Known Issues on this patch update
No new bugs or issues are reported for this non-security update on Windows 11 version 21h2.
Direct Download Links to KB5026436
One may upgrade Windows 11 to OS Build 22000.2003 by simply visiting Settings > Windows Update, and clicking on Check for updates. However, if you have disabled auto-updates on your PC, searching for pending updates will simply fail on some error code.
If that’s the case, you may visit Microsoft’s Update Catalog, and download the relevant standalone package based on your system architecture. On the subsequent screen, click the top link and wait for the download to complete successfully. After this is over, you may double-click on the downloaded .msu file to begin upgrading your Windows 11 PC.