Sept 2020 cumulative updates are rolling today for all devices and so does the recent Servicing Stack updates. If you are planning to download and install the LCU to enhance the overall security, make sure to install the respective SSUs first. Doing so will ensure nothing goes wrong during the update process.
The recent security patches are – KB4571756 for 2004, KB4574727 for 1909 & 1903, KB4570333 for 1809, and KB4577032 for 1803. Users who are still using Windows 10 older versions, see – KB4577015 for 1607, KB4577041 for 1709, KB4577021 for 1703, and KB4577049 for 1507 (initial ones).
The latest servicing stack updates for different Windows 10 Build versions are as follows – KB4577266 for 2004, KB4576751 for 1903/1909, KB4576750 for 1607. Similarly, KB4570332 for 1809, KB4565552 for 1803, KB4565553 for 1709, and KB4565551 for 1703. If you are still using the initial version of Windows, download and install KB4565911. Let’s learn how to install and apply Sept SSU updates to different operating systems –
Sept 2020 Servicing Stack Updates [SSU] Direct Links
With Sept 2020 Patch day, Microsoft offers new Servicing stack updates for each one of the Windows 10 Build versions.
Here’ we have included the direct links of a few Windows 10 versions along with their system architecture –
Windows 10 2004
- x86-based Windows 10 version 2004
- x64-based Windows 10 version 2004
- ARM64-based Windows 10 version 2004
Windows 10 1909
Windows 10 1903
- x86-based Windows 10 version 1903
- x64-based Windows 10 version 1903
- ARM64-based Windows 10 version 1903
Note: If you didn’t find your Windows 10 version listed above, reach out to the below section to locate and download the appropriate .msu file.
How to install the Sept 2020 SSU
To download and apply the latest servicing stacks, you may follow either of the following two methods –
1] Windows update
- Navigate to the path –
Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.
- Jump to the right side and click Check for Updates.
- If there are any new SSU update available for your Windows 10 version, the system auto-detects the same and start downloading the recent servicing stack update.
|Tip: There’s no need to reboot your PC after performing an SSU installation.|
2] Microsoft Update catalog
Usually, one receives a notification regarding new servicing stacks within 1-2 days from the date patch arrival. However, if you don’t want to wait, you may visit the Update catalog, and download the specific SSU for your PC. Here’s how to perform this task –
- First of all, go to the Update Catalog and type “servicing stack update” in the search field.
- There appears a list of all lately came servicing stack updates.
- Locate the one matching Windows 10 version and system architecture.
- Once found, click the Download button.
- When a new wizard starts featuring the latest SSU, click the top link.
- The download starts immediately afterward. Once over, double-click the setup file.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the remaining steps.
There’s no need to Reboot your device. You may now download and install the latest cumulative update without worrying about the update process hanging in between.