Windows 10 20H1 Build 18912 is out and brings some quality enhancements and fixes for PC. The Company introduces remarkable changes for the Narrator as well. In addition to these, Microsoft fixes the underlying issues on Chinese Pinyin and Japanese IMEs.
There are some minor issues as well that appear after installing this flight such as- Bopomofo IME, Realtek SD Card readers, anti-cheat and others. Let’s explore this Build in somewhat more detail-
What’s new in 20H1 Build 18912
“Click me” link solution: Do you get frustrated tabbing through “Click me” links? The narrator can now tell you the title of the page that’s linked to—just press Caps + Ctrl + D, and Narrator will take the URL of the hyperlink you are on and send it to an online service that will provide the page title to Narrator. If you would like to disable all online service usage by Narrator, you can turn this off in Narrator Settings. If you find links that don’t give you a meaningful page title, please send us feedback. Thanks!
Key changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
Here, we guideline the key changes that come along with 20H1 Build 18912-
- Microsoft resolved a bug that leads to the appearance of GSOD on the last release. This trouble had also prompted an error with win32k.sys which is now fixed.
- They rectified the Remote Desktop connection issue on to a VM session which results in Taskbar turning dark (elements not visible).
- The Company resolved an anomaly in which certain emojis won’t be read out using Text to Speech.
- They resolved the Chinese Pinyin as well as the Wubi IME bug where you can’t select their text candidates using Numpad.
- They fixed a high hitting DWM crash from the last two flights that were resulting in the screen frequently going black (and then everything showing again).
- The Company fixed an issue resulting in Focus Assist unexpectedly enabling via the full-screen automatic rule for some users after minimizing all apps.
- Microsoft fixed an issue where, when selecting a color filter in the Ease of Access settings, it may not have taken effect right away unless the color filters option was turned off and back on again.
- They fixed an issue where users navigating to the Graphics Settings page in the Settings application may have experienced Settings application crashes.
- The experts fixed an issue where double-clicking the update icon in the taskbar would result in Settings launching, then immediately crashing.
- Microsoft team fixed an issue that impacted emoji panel and clipboard history reliability in the last few flights.
- They resolved an issue that caused the IME candidate window for East Asian IMEs (Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, and the Japanese IME) to not appear sometimes.
- The team fixed an issue where the size of tooltips for the Chinese Pinyin IME candidate window was an inconsistent font size.
Known Issues – Build 18912
Here are the known bugs (new or old ones) on 20H1 Build 18912-
- Windows 10 Home users may not be able to see the “update installed” if they visit the update history page.
- Users might not be able to check the percentage completion of “download progress” while navigating to the Windows Update Page. This trouble is again specific to Windows 10 Home users only.
- Microsoft partnering with game developers has worked upon patches to anti-cheat programs. You may download these patches by visiting the official website of the Game. Earlier, anti-cheat programs were creating a GSOD bug when users use this while playing high-end games. In case, you haven’t received any such update, wait for some more time as the Company is still working on a permanent resolution.
- Microsoft Team is working on a fix to some Realtek SD card readers as they are still not functioning effectively.
- You might notice an appreciable lag while dragging the Emojis or Dictation panels.
- The Company is well aware of the Bopomofo IME issue. In this bug, character width changes abruptly from Half-width to Full width. The experts ensure to bring a solution to this in the upcoming weeks.
- After installing 18912 Build, tamper protection functionality may get disabled on Windows Security. However, you can always enable this back.
Known issues for Developers
After installing 18912 builds, you won’t be able to switch back to either Slow or Release Preview Ring. This is because it doesn’t allow optional content like- enabling developer mode. As optional content is approved for particular rings, you must remain on Fast ring to add, install or enable such content.
Source – Windows Blog