Oct 2020 cumulative updates are rolling today for all Windows 10 devices and so does the related Servicing Stack updates. Before proceeding to download and install the latest security patches, make sure to first apply the recent SSUs. Following this will ensure the update process completes successfully without getting into any bugs or errors.
The recent security patches are – KB4579311 for 2004, KB4577671 for 1909 & 1903, KB4577668 for 1809, and KB4580330 for 1803. Users who are still using Windows 10 older versions, see – KB4580346 for 1607, KB4580328 for 1709, KB4580370 for 1703, and KB4580327 for 1507 (initial ones).
Oct 2020 Servicing Stack Updates [SSU]
The latest SSUs for different Windows 10 Build versions are as follows – KB4577670 for 19H1 & 1909, KB4577667 for 1809, and KB4580398 for 1803. The servicing stack updates of the remaining Windows 10 versions remain the same. So, you may directly download and install the cumulative update.
Here we have included the direct links of a few Windows 10 Build versions along with their system architectures –
Windows 10 1909
- x86-based Windows 10 version 1909
- x64-based Windows 10 version 1909
- ARM64-based Windows 10 version 1909
Windows 10 1903
Windows 10 1809
- x86-based Windows 10 version 1809
- x64-based Windows 10 version 1809
- ARM64-based Windows 10 version 1809
Quick Note: If you didn’t find your version listed above, follow these simple steps –
- Go to the Update Catalog first and type “servicing stack update” in the search field.
- Pick the one that matches your OS version and architecture from the list of available options.
- Once found, click the Download button next to the selected link.
- Click the top link that appears on the succeeding screen.
- After the download finishes, double-click the setup file to start its installation.
That’s it, you may now download and install the latest cumulative update without worrying about the update process hanging in between.