After more than a month of testing, Microsoft ultimately commences to roll out the ‘Windows 10 May 2019 Update’ publicly. You will receive this through the Windows update, or also can “force the update” if it is not still showing up for you. Also, a lot of known issues came to exists with this release which we have mentioned previously. Let’s us explore the removed and deprecated features on Windows 10 1903.
Here, in this guide, we will learn what’s being removed or shown disapproval of starting with the onset of Windows 10 version 19H1. However, there aren’t a ton of things being killed off, but some well-known features are discontinued from being developed. The Company may opt-out some common features that are currently obtainable such as- Windows To Go.
What’re the Removed features on 1903
With each new OS update, they discard some of the existing features or stop enhancing them actively. Let’s explore what’s missing in Windows 10 1903, the May 2019 Update.
XDDM-based remote display driver
- The XDDM-based remote display driver, which comes from as far back as Windows 2000, is further in the list of elimination in the future release. Software vendors who still rely on it will need to start considering making the switch to the WDDM model in order to keep working as expected.
Desktop messaging app doesn’t offer messages sync
- The messaging app on a computer is a built-in feature that has the competency to sync SMS text messages received from Windows Mobile. Upon syncing, it also keeps one copy of them on the desktop. But now, this feature has been dropped from all the available devices and so there’s even less reason to use it. Hence, because of this, you will only be able to access messages from the device that received such messages.
Deprecated Features of 19H1
Typically, these features will no longer be developed in the forthcoming update, but it’s not necessarily to remove them as of now.
Taskbar settings roaming
- Microsoft declares that now they will not work on this feature and will disable this capability in a future release.
Wi-Fi WEP and TKIP
- In this release, a warning notification arrives when you connect it to Wi-Fi networks. It is safe with WEP or TKIP, which are not as secure as those using WPA2 or WPA3. In the upcoming release, the organization will terminate any connection to a Wi-Fi network that uses these old ciphers. Furthermore, they should update Wi-Fi routers to use the AES ciphers which is available with either WPA2 or WPA3.
Windows To Go
- Microsoft proclaims, ‘Windows To Go’ is no longer available as the feature did not support OS major feature updates. It also requires a special type of USB which several OEMs will not support it in the next release.
Paint 3D app
- At last, there is the Paint 3D app, which Microsoft is planning to deprecate it in the upcoming update. Thus, if you want to print the 3D object, here you need to install the 3D Builder app which is available at the Microsoft Store. Besides, they have removed this application from Windows 10 having version 1709.
Hope, you get a glimpse of removed and deprecated features on Windows 10 version 1903. In case, you have any difficulty understanding the above attributes, do ask us in below comment section.