Microsoft releases Windows 10 March 2020 Servicing Stack Updates for all versions of Windows 10. We suggest installing the SSU before proceeding to download the latest cumulative updates. Doing so ensures the patch update runs smoothly and effectively. The security updates that came are – KB4528760 for 19H2 & 19H1, KB4540670 for 1607, KB4540689 for 1803, and KB4538461 for 1809. Apart from these, Windows 10 1709 receives KB4540681 whereas 1703 KB4540705.
The company launches the following servicing stacks for different Windows 10 versions- KB4541338 for 19H1 and 19H2, KB4540723 for 1607, KB4540724 for 1803. Furthermore, the servicing stack updates includes KB4539571 for 1809, KB4523202 for 1709, KB4541731 for 1703, KB4523200 for 1507. Let’s explore how to install and apply these patches on to your System –
March 2020 Servicing Stack Updates [SSU] Direct Links
Here, we provide direct links to download the latest SSU for different Windows 10 versions based on system architecture. They are as follows –
Note: If you didn’t find your Windows 10 version above, visit the Update catalog and download the necessary files based on your system architecture (32-bit or 64-bit).
Before proceeding to install the latest monthly patches, make sure to install the latest SSUs as this ensures an efficient upgrading process. Here are the different ways following which one can enable the recent servicing stacks –
How to install the March 2020 SSU
1} Through Windows update
- Press Win+I together to launch the Settings window.
- Scroll down and select Update & Security category.
- By default, the Windows update section will launch on the next screen. If not, choose the same available the left column.
- Now, switch to the right-pane and tap the Check for Updates button.
That’s it, your device will auto-detect for any Servicing stack and if available, download and install the same.
Note: There’s no need to reboot your PC after performing an SSU installation.
2} Via Microsoft Update catalog
If you don’t receive any notification regarding new servicing stacks, you may download the same visiting the Update Catalog. Here are the steps to follow –
- At first, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog and type “servicing stack update” in the text field.
- A list comprising the latest service packs will appear.
- Scroll down and locate the specific SSU based on your system architecture and tap the Download button.
- A new window containing the .msu file will launch on the upcoming screen.
- Afterward, click the link available to start the downloading process.
- Once the download completes, double-click the setup file and let it finishes.
That’s it, Reboot your PC so as to save the changes performed so far.