Microsoft releases Windows 10 July 2020 Servicing Stack Updates for all versions of Windows 10 including May 2020 Update. We suggest installing the SSUs before attempting to download and apply the latest Tuesday patch. Doing so makes sure that the cumulative update runs smoothly and effectively. The recent updates are – KB4565503 for 2004, KB4565483 for 1909 & 1903, KB4558998 for 1809, and KB4565489 for 1803. If you are still on earlier build versions, see – KB4565511 for 1607, KB4565508 for 1709, KB4565499 for 1703, and KB4565513 for 1507 (initial ones).
The company brings the following servicing stacks for different Windows 10 versions – KB4566785 for 20H1, KB4565554 for 1903/1909, KB4565912 for 1607, and KB4565911 for 1507. Furthermore, Microsoft offers 1809 access to KB4558997, KB4565552 to 1803, KB4562250 to 1703, and KB4565551 to 1709. Let’s learn how to install and apply July security patches to different operating systems –
July 2020 Servicing Stack Updates [SSU] Direct Links
With July 2020 Patch day, the company offers new Servicing stack updates to each one of the Windows 10 Build versions.
Note: Make sure to read the system architecture before clicking on the download button.
Note: If you didn’t find your Windows 10 version enlisted above, visit the Update catalog and download the necessary files based on your system architecture (x86, x64, or ARM64).
Here are the different ways following which one can download and apply the latest servicing stacks –
How to install the July 2020 SSU
1] Through Windows update
- Press Win+I together to launch the Settings user interface.
- Click Update & Security category.
- By default, the Windows update section will launch on the next screen. If not, choose the same available on the left column.
- Jump to the right-pane and hit the Check for Updates button.
That’s it, your device will auto-detect for servicing stacks and if available, download the same.
Note: There’s no need to reboot your PC after performing an SSU installation.
2] Via Microsoft Update catalog
If you don’t receive any notification regarding new servicing stacks, you may download the same visiting the Update Catalog. Here’s how to proceed –
- At first, visit the Update Catalog and type “servicing stack update” in the search field.
- A list comprising the recent service packages will appear.
- Scroll down and locate the specific SSU matching your system architecture.
- Once found, tap the Download button.
- A new window containing the .msu file will launch on the succeeding screen.
- Click the top link to start the downloading process.
- After the download finishes, click twice on the setup file.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the remaining steps.
That’s it, Reboot your PC so as to incorporate the above changes.