Microsoft unfolds Windows 10 January 2020 Servicing Stack Updates for all versions of Windows 10. We recommend you to install the SSU before downloading the latest cumulative update. Doing so ensures the patch update runs smoothly and effectively. The security updates that came are – KB4540673 for 19H2 & 19H1, KB4534271 for 1607, KB4534293 for 1803, KB4534273 for 1809, and others.
The company launches the following servicing stacks for different Windows 10 versions- KB4528759 for 19H1 and 19H2, KB4520724 for 1607, KB4523203 for 1803. Furthermore, the servicing stack updates includes KB4523204 for 1809, KB4523202 for 1709, KB4523201 for 1703, KB4540721 for 1507. Let’s explore how to install and apply these patches on to your System –
January 2020 Servicing Stack Updates [SSU] Direct Links
Here, we provide direct links to download the latest SSU for different Windows 10 versions based on system architecture. They are as follows –
Note: The servicing stacks for other Windows 10 versions remain the same.
Before proceeding to install the latest monthly patches, make sure to install the latest SSUs as this ensures an efficient upgrading process. Here are the different ways following which one can enable the recent servicing stacks –
How to install the recent SSU
1} Through Windows update
- Press Win+I together to launch the Settings window.
- Scroll down and select Update & Security category.
- By default, the Windows update section will appear on the succeeding screen. If not, choose the same on the left column.
- Now, switch to the right-pane and tap the Check for Updates button.
That’s it, your device will auto-detect for any Servicing stack and if available, download and install the same.
Note: There’s no need to reboot your PC after performing an SSU installation.
2} Via Microsoft Update catalog
If you don’t receive any notification regarding new servicing stacks, you may download the same visiting the Update Catalog. Here are the steps to follow –
- At first, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog and type “servicing stack” in the search field.
- A list comprising the latest service packs will appear.
- Scroll down and locate the specific SSU based on your system architecture and tap the Download button.
- A new window containing the .msu file will launch on the next screen.
- Afterward, click the link available to start the downloading process. See the snapshot below –
- Once the download completes, install the same and Reboot your PC.