Microsoft rolls out Windows 10 20H1 Build 18845 fast ring on 28′ Feb 2019. This build is for those insiders who have earlier opted for 20H1 Skip Ahead feature. The Company is soon going to launch Windows 10 19H1 in the upcoming month of April as most of the development are already complete. This article is all about the development branch of 20H1 Build 18845.
Today, in this article, we will focus primarily on General Changes, fixes and improvements brought with this release along with Known issues. In addition to the above, we will also discuss what’s new in 20H1 Build 18845 and known issues for developers.
Note: As this build is still in beta phase, it may contain some bugs which requires a Clean install Windows 10 on your PC.
What’s New in 20H1 Build 18845
Emoji 12.0 Update
Windows 10 users saw the first glimpse of Emoji 12.0 back in Windows 10 Build 18277. The set of emoji is now final by Unicode and the same is going to appear in 20H1 Build 18845. Insiders can now activate them using Win+(period) or WIN+(semicolon). Some of the emojis which this build comprise of are- sloth, ballet shoes, otter, waffle and many others.
For Japanese people, Microsoft includes Kaomoji to insert their commonly used symbols while chatting with friends (See snapshot).
General changes, fixes and improvements for PC- 20H1 Build 18845
- Microsoft fixed an issue which let the crash of Bluetooth Hands free Audio Driver.
- Users can now access the Quests category of Feedback club as per the Company report.
- They resolved the issue where Microsoft Edge browser crashes on some of the Insiders.
- Start Menu is now reliable which was in previous flight found to create nuisance.
- They also rectified AdLam Keyboard using which some common words were not typed.
- Microsoft improved Auto Capitalization of every words while using Vietnamese touch keyboard.
- The Company solved an issue which cause Start menu to crash while using Narrator settings for pinned folders navigation.
- They rectified the bug which might let Taskbar search box going Black on black background.
- Earlier there were problems of wrong dates displaying on Chinese & Japanese Calendar. They resolved this error now.
- Microsoft also fixed the issue where enabling high contrast leads to crash of DWM.
- They have brought some minor tweaks to make File Explorer icon look a bit attractive.
- Again they improved Non-functional & unexpected Family Safety icon on the Taskbar.
- The Company also fixed the issue which causes unexpected flicking in case you used touch or pen on some win32 applications to launch an another instance of the same app in Tablet mode.
- They also adjusted the sole role of Win+V hotkey role. It was found to create nuisance i.e. truncation of clipboard history UI.
Known issues- 20H1 Build 18845
- If you try using Anti-Cheat Programs while playing games, it will cause GSOD bug.
- They made some improvements in the night reliability section, yet it has to do a lot more to resolve this issue completely.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not working as usual. The Company is working on the same.
- Windows Sandbox narrator settings is not functioning properly. Actually, Settings app crashes the moment you navigate to Narrator settings.
- There are still some trouble with X-Fi sound cards, this is why they are not working effectively.
- Mouse pointer color may appear white after signing out then sign back in.
- Monitors were found missing on Color Management app. Instead, you can use the Settings app to choose profile under Display Settings page.
Known issues for Developers- 20H1 Build 18845
Microsoft has yet not fixed the issue which causes Optional content like Enabling Developer Mode to fail. This trouble arises only when you install recent Skip Ahead builds and then try to switch to Slow or Fast Ring. This implies that you have to remain in the Slow/ Fast Ring to add, install or enable optional content. It should be noted that Optional Content will work only on those builds which are approved for specific rings.