Hey fellas, Windows 10 rolls out Insider Build 18885 (20H1) Fast ring for Windows insiders today. Microsoft has already merged insiders from Fast ring and those who have selected Skip ahead combine with the Fast Ring. In short, this implies that both of them will get the same builds.
Previously, there were users who were unable to download Build 18875 on their device owing to Build 18362.53. They should now download and install KB4497093 before trying Insider Build 18885. Build 18362.86 consists of necessary fixes that support 20H1 builds if you are on Build 18362.53.
20H1 builds are still in the development phase, hence, you may receive certain bugs that are beyond repair and require Clean install of Windows 10. Once signed in for this flight, there is no u-turn to Slow or Release Preview rings. Go to Settings and select Update & Security followed by Update & Security. Here, choose the Windows Insider Program to stay back on 19H1 build right before installing this flight.
What’s new in 20H1 Build 18885
Here we explain the new features that come with Insider Build 18885-
Phone screen supports additional Android devices
You can now try phone screen support on new smartphones such as- Samsung Galaxy S10e, S10+, S10, Note 9, Note 8, One Plus and One Plus 6T. They have promised to expand this list as time passes on. If you find any difficulty while operating this on your android device, you can report the same as feedback.
Notification feature for Android Phone
The Company brings a new feature for your Phone app i.e. Notifications. Earlier, you have to pick up our Mobile each time you receive a notification. This won’t be an issue from now onward as you can see all of them directly on your Desktop Screen.
You can even customize apps from which you want to receive any notification. With the onset of this feature, you can perform the following activities-
- See incoming call notifications in real-time
- Categorize and display all of your phone notifications at one place
- Manage or control the notifications which you want to receive
- Clear notifications individually or all at once
Though this feature is rolled out for 20H1 insiders, 19H1 users will get this feature as well over time. You can have this feature on your Phone app in a few days. This attribute supports Android version 7.0 or later.
- Windows 10 PC is running on Build 1803 or greater.
- Android device version must be 7.0 or newer with a minimum of 1GB RAM.
- Other Policy has not disabled the Notification Access.
- Sometimes notifications may stop appearing automatically. If that’s the case, press Refresh Button.
- It doesn’t support notification responses.
Expand dictation support to new languages
Microsoft Team has now dictation support for several new languages like- French (France, Canada), German (Germany), English (UK, Canada, Australia, India), Italian (Italy), Spanish (Spain, Mexico), Portuguese (Brazil) and Chinese (China).
Do you want to try any of the languages mentioned above on your System? If yes, follow below section-
Set focus to a text field and press WIN+H; Alternatively, you can tap the little microphone button at the top of the touch keyboard. Say what you wanna say, then press WIN+H a second time or tap the mic button to stop the dictation, or let the dictation session time out on its own.
If you face any difficulty while performing the above procedure or after you make the changes, you can report the same under Input & Language > Speech Input in the Feedback Hub.
- Dictation in general works on the language of your active keyboard. Press Win+ Space to switch between different languages.
- You are not required to download any speech resources for dictation to work. You can check whether they are available or not by simply visiting Language Settings –> Preferred Language –> Options. Here, you will find a download button in case speech resources are available but haven’t been downloaded yet.
Feedback Hub version 1.1903 rolling out to Fast Ring
With the onset of Feedback Hub v 1.1904, Windows insiders with a language other than English may also browse English feedback using the same Hub. They can submit their feedback in English on the new Feedback form.
The Company has improved the narrator settings as well on Insider Build 18885. Users can now press Narrator +S to get a webpage summary (hyperlinks, headings, and landmarks) on their System.
Google Chrome is the most reliable webpage for Narrator Find.
Source- Windows Blog