With the first preview of 2020, Microsoft unfolds Windows 10 Build 19541 to the Insiders enrolled in the Fast Ring. As a part of the 20H2 development, it includes Task Manager improvements, updated notification area icon, and other system updates. Along with known issues, the specific update carries a small list of fixes, changes, and improvements.
According to the company, they worked on the Timers and Bing Instant Answers for Cortana users. The update of Windows 10 Build 19541 will be installed automatically. You can also get it by following the path Settings > Update & Security > Windows update. After that, move to the right pane and click on Check for updates. Alongside this, you need to check you have not either disabled or pause the automatic updates feature.
Windows 10 Build 19541 2020 Changelog
Here are the new features that appear starting with Build 19541 –
1} Location in-use icon
Windows 10 includes a new separate icon for Location inside the notification area. Users may now get to know which apps, in general, uses their specific location to provide news, feeds, and ads.
2} See architecture right from the Task Manager
Windows 10 19541 will display the PC architecture of each process inside the Task Manager. All you require is to move to the Details tab and get the information. Just perform a right-click on any of item inside Task manager and select Architecture using the context menu.
3} Update for Cortana
Bing Instant Answers and Timers feature are now available online for Windows 10 users. As per developers, they are currently working on getting jokes (and other assistant conversations) back up and running.
At present, this attribute is available only in English (United States) and is most likely to support new languages soon as well. Just press the Cortana button and start speaking Hey Cortana or type the following into Cortana –
- Set a timer for 10 minutes
- When was the Space Needle built?
Windows 10 Build 19541 – Fixes and Improvements
The key changes on Windows 10 Build 19541 are as follows –
- This build improves the overall system settings’ reliability and ensures the well-functioning of the same.
- The team resolves the continuously appearing Windows Update “Reboot needed” notifications issue with this release.
- Microsoft fixes a bug wherein Task Manager update speed slows down or sometimes even reaches zero.
- Moreover, they fixed the Narrator issue in which the Start Menu displays the app indexes incorrectly.
- The Search window from now onward will display the acrylic at the top bar.
- In earlier builds, the Feedback Hub was not showing the store apps in the list of contexts while writing feedback. This, in turn, causes some apps to stick on the install page and never passes this stage. Even after the app installation, they remain stuck at the same Install button. The team has resolved this issue on build 19541.
Known Issues on Windows 10 Build 19541
Here are the key issues that appear on this build –
- The ongoing issue between the Insider Preview builds and the specific version of the BattlEye anti-cheat program remains in 19541 Build as well. The company in collaboration with BattlEye has decided to restrict such devices from being offered affected builds. They are currently working on the incompatibility issues that occur due to changes performed in Windows 10 new versions.
- The team is looking into the reports wherein the update process hangs for extended periods of time while trying to install a new build.
- Microsoft experts are investigating the external USB 3.0 drives matter in which it won’t respond when they connect to the Start Code 10.
- The Optimize Drives Control Panel reports that optimization has never run on some devices herein build 19541 as well. However, Optimization is completing perfectly, even though it is not reflected in the UI.
- The Documents section under Privacy displays a broken rectangle icon.
- If one attempts multiple sessions through remote desktop, the connection simply crashes for unknown reasons.
- The snipping application is not working on secondary monitors.
- Timeline still doesn’t show any activities.
- The company is investigating the reports wherein the Outlook search wasn’t working for a few insiders.
Source – Windows Blog