Microsoft rolls in the August 2020 Servicing Stack Updates for all versions of Windows 10 including May 2020 Update. We recommend installing the SSUs before attempting to apply the 11 August security-patch. This, in turn, makes sure that the cumulative update runs smoothly without running into any bugs or errors. The recent updates are – KB4566782 for 2004, KB4565351 for 1909 & 1903, KB4565349 for 1809, and KB4571709 for 1803. If you are still on earlier build versions, see – KB4571694 for 1607, KB4571741 for 1709, KB4571689 for 1703, and KB4571692 for 1507 (initial ones).
The company brings the following servicing stacks for Windows 10 versions – KB4570334 for 2004, KB4569073 for 1909/1903, KB4565912 for 1607, and KB4565911 for 1507. Furthermore, Microsoft offers 1809 access to KB4566424, KB4565552 to 1803, KB4565551 to 1703, and KB4565553 to 1709. Let’s learn how to install and apply August security patches to different operating systems –
August 2020 Servicing Stack Updates [SSU] Direct Links
With August 2020 Patch day, the company offers new Servicing stack updates to each one of the Windows 10 Build versions.
Note: Make sure to download the servicing stack well-matching with the system architecture. Here’ we have provided the direct links to a few Windows 10 versions –
Windows 10 2004
- x86-based Windows 10 version 2004
- x64-based Windows 10 version 2004
- ARM64-based Windows 10 version 2004
Windows 10 1909
Windows 10 1903
- x86-based Windows 10 version 1903
- x64-based Windows 10 version 1903
- ARM64-based Windows 10 version 1903
Note: If you didn’t find your Windows 10 version above, visit the Update catalog to download the required files as per your system architecture. The well-known architectures till this date are x86, x64, and ARM64.
How to install the August 2020 SSU
Here are the two different ways by which you can download and apply the latest servicing stacks –
1] Through Windows update
- Jointly Press Win+I together to open the Settings.
- Click Update & Security category.
- By default, the Windows update section will launch on the next screen. If not, select the same available at the left pane.
- Head over to the right-pane and click Check for Updates.
That’s it, your device will auto-detect and download the servicing stack updates (if available any).
Tip: There’s no need to reboot your PC after performing an SSU installation.
2] Via Microsoft Update catalog
If you don’t receive any notification regarding new servicing stacks, you may download the same visiting the Update Catalog. Here’s how to proceed –
- At first, visit the Update Catalog and type “servicing stack update” in the search field.
- If not, click on the “Last Updated” column to sort out the recently came SSU.
- When a list of the latest service packages appears, tap the Download button (next to well-matching system architecture).
- A new window containing the .msu file will launch on the subsequent screen.
- Click the top link to start the downloading process.
- After the download finishes, click twice on the setup file.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the remaining steps.
That’s it, Reboot your PC and your computer is all set to install the latest cumulative update.