Microsoft releases Windows 10 April 2020 Servicing Stack Updates for all versions of Windows 10. We recommend installing the SSUs before attempting to download and apply the latest cumulative updates. Doing so ensures the patch update runs smoothly and effectively. The security updates that came are – KB4550994 for 19H1 & 19H2, KB4550929 for 1607, KB4550922 for 1803, and KB4549949 for 1809. Besides, Windows 10 1709 receives KB4550927 whereas 1703 KB4550939.
The company launches the following servicing stacks for different Windows 10 versions- KB4552152 for 19H1 and 19H2, KB4550994 for 1607, KB4549947 for 1809. Furthermore, the servicing stack updates includes KB4540724 for 1803, KB4541731 for 1709, KB4550992 for 1703, KB4540721 for 1507. Let’s explore how to install and apply April security patches to the operating system –
April 2020 Servicing Stack Updates [SSU] Direct Links
Here, we provide direct links to download the latest SSU for different Windows 10 build versions based on their system architecture. They are as follows –
- x86-based Windows 10 version 1909
- x64-based Windows 10 version 1909
- ARM64-based Windows 10 version 1909
- x86-based Windows 10 version 1903
- x64-based Windows 10 version 1903
- ARM64-based Windows 10 version 1903
- x64-based Windows 10 version 1607
- x86-based Windows 10 1607
- x86-based Windows 10 version 1809
- x64-based Windows 10 version 1809
- ARM64-based Windows 10 version 1809
Note: If you didn’t find your Windows 10 version above, visit the Update catalog and download the necessary files based on your system architecture (x86, x64, or ARM64).
Here are the different ways following which one can download and apply the latest servicing stacks –
How to install the April 2020 SSU
1} Through Windows update
- Press Win+I together to launch the Settings window.
- Scroll down and select Update & Security category.
- By default, the Windows update section will launch on the next screen. If not, choose the same available the left column.
- Now, switch to the right-pane and tap the Check for Updates button.
That’s it, your device will auto-detect for any Servicing stack and if available, download and install the same.
Note: There’s no need to reboot your PC after performing an SSU installation.
2} Via Microsoft Update catalog
If you don’t receive any notification regarding new servicing stacks, you may download the same visiting the Update Catalog. Here are the steps to follow –
- At first, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog and type “servicing stack update” in the text field.
- A list comprising the latest service packs will appear.
- Scroll down and locate the specific SSU based on your system architecture and tap the Download button.
- A new window containing the .msu file will launch on the upcoming screen.
- Afterward, click the link available to start the downloading process.
- Once the download completes, double-click the setup file and let it finishes.
That’s it, Reboot your PC so as to save the changes performed so far.