Some users encountered Error Windows 10 activation error 0x803f7001 while trying to activate their Windows OS. There might be multiple causes to occur this issue but if you see this error code, it indicates a valid license couldn’t be found to activate Windows on your PC. If you are one of those who are continually facing this error then this article might help you fix it.
This error code comes with an error message that states: “We can’t activate Windows on this device because you don’t have a valid digital license or product key. If you think you do have a valid license or key, select Troubleshoot below. Error code: 0x803F7001“
How to fix Activation Error 0x803F7001 on Windows 10
To fix Activation Error 0x803F7001 on Windows 10, use the following methods –
1. Activate Windows by Phone
If you’re facing this problem when you try to activate your Windows 1o, you might want to try activating your Windows by phone. Follow the below instructions to do so –
- Right-click on Start and select the Run option.
- Type “Slui 4” in the text box and then press Enter.
- Now choose your country or region where you’re currently living. Select the correct option because you’ll get an automated phone call later on.
- Now readout your Installation ID clearly during the call.
- Then you will get a “Confirmation ID” that will be used to activate the Windows copy.
- Again readout the same Confirmation ID to confirm you typed everything correctly.
- Click on the Activation button and the Activation Error Code 0x803F7001 should be fixed now.
- Restart your computer and check for the error.
2. Use Your Real Product Key
Another perspective of this error is that something must have gone wrong and your genuine product key was either changed or replaced. In such a case, you must have the original copy of Windows 1o to solve this issue. Therefore, we recommend you to visit the Microsoft official website and buy a Product Key for your computer.
If you already have a genuine Windows 10 operating system, follow the steps given below to change your Product Key.
- Press the Windows+I keys to open the Settings app.
- Click on the Update & Security category and then select the Activation submenu.
- On the right side, click on the Change product key link.
- To continue, enter the 25 characters product key or the copy of the Windows you used before upgrading.
- Now restart your computer and see if this method works.
3. Activate Windows by Command Prompt
If none of the above methods works, you can try to activate your Windows by executing some simple commands line.
- Open the Command Prompt as administrator.
- In the elevated command prompt window, type the following commands and press Enter after each one:
slmgr -upk slmgr -cpky slmgr -ipk XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX slmgr -ato
Note: In the above commands, replace XXXX with your real product key.
After executing the above commands successfully, check if the problem is now solved.