Windows 10 20H2 Insider Preview Build 19640 comes out with new fixes and refinements. Although this build version doesn’t include any key features, this does bring some quality changes and improvements. On this Build flight, they resolve the Download folder syncing issue on a cloud provider. Furthermore, insiders won’t face an error if they accidentally put a space ahead of their username on the login screen.
The Known issues on Build 19640 remains exactly the same as of Build 19635. As per Microsoft, they are currently looking into several feedback and reports sent by users. In case you want to see the complete list of Insider rings (Fast, Soft, RP, ISO), head over to the Flight Hub. You may notice a slight delay between when a build is flighted and when Flight Hub is updated. Let’s explore the key highlights and changelog in detail –
20H2 Build 19640 Changelog
Here are the key fixes that Microsoft perform on the 20H2 build –
General Fixes on Build 19640
- Earlier, when users sync their Download folder to a cloud provider, this gets auto-deleted. On this flight, the company modifies certain options on Storage Sense. From now onward, the cloud won’t clear out your download folder on a cycle.
- Previously, if you entered the username with an initial space (unintentionally) on the login screen, this results in an error. They have updated the login logic on the build 19640.
Known issues on Build 19640
- The devices encountering bugcheck after booting from eMMC storage may prevail in this build as well. This issue normally arises when you restore your PC from hibernate mode.
- Users may face their PC hanging for extended periods of time while trying to apply a new build on the system.
- If you reach out to the “Settings > Privacy the Documents and Downloads sections“, you may see a broken rectangle icon next to their page name.
- The experts are currently working on correcting the Taskbar preview thumbnails issue. In this, images simply don’t render continuously instead display a blank area.
Source – Windows Blog