Windows 10 20H2 Insider Build 19624.1000 is out with new changes, fixes, and enhancements. Although this release doesn’t contain any new feature, there are numerous fixes that address the issues related to Hello, WSL distros, Explorer, etc. Furthermore, this also contains quality updates for VPN, Optional updates, Missing Search on the Settings page, and others.
There appears a few bugs as well on this build. As per Microsoft, the team is working on a resolution and might release the same in future flights. Let’s explore the new fixes, changes, and improvements in detail –
Windows 10 20H2 Build 19624.1000 Changelog
Here are the key changes that came along with Windows 10 20H2 Build 19624.1000 –
General Features and Changes
- The company temporarily turns off the Search box inside Settings. If the same meet the reliability and performance tests, they will bring it back in future flights.
- From now onward, if you disconnect your device from using a VPN network, the system will deselect the option to auto-connect.
- In order to include controllers into the list of examples under Bluetooth, they release an update for the text of the Add a Device dialog.
- Windows 10 users may now copy the text that appears inside the optional updates available section.
New Fixes on Build 19624.1000
- Updating to Build 19624.1000 resolves the flickering issue that occurs across different Windows Shell surfaces and apps.
- The team fixes the issue wherein, IIS configuration resets itself after installing a new preview build.
- Previously when users try to switch between WSL distros using the File Explorer integration, there appears a bug. They release a fix to this issue as well.
- Windows 10 insiders won’t receive the explorer.exe reliability issue after upgrading to this build.
- They resolve an anomaly that crashes Settings app or Taskbar volume flyout while choosing certain endpoints using the audio endpoint list.
- The VPN failing to auto-connect after each upgrade won’t occur after applying the 20H2 Build 19624.1000.
- There was a battery-bug in the earlier builds wherein, one gets the wrong impression irrespective of the actual battery levels. The tech giant has solved this issue and suggested to write feedback in case they still get this empty battery error.
- Windows 10 users will not receive any update error code 0x800700b7 on their devices.
- The PC losing its resolution after putting under the Sleep mode gets a resolution as well.
- While attempting to search for a Windows update, there occurs an incompetent search that doesn’t finish after several minutes. The experts have fixed this bug.
- The tech giant resolves the incorrect display of color while browsing through different links on the Language Settings page.
- They worked upon an anomaly where the text in the Optimize Drives window under Scheduled Optimization section simply truncates in different languages during text scaling.
- You may now easily navigate out of the Connect app’s settings dialogue using a mouse.
- Windows Security’s core Isolation failing to turn on certain devices won’t occur after applying this build.
- The Bluetooth mice issue wherein, it becomes very slow to re-connect to your computer at sleep gets a resolution as well.
- Earlier when you start the laptop at sleep, Windows Hello recognizes you and so dismisses the lock screen. This won’t be the case after upgrading to this build version.
Build 19624.1000 Known Issues
- The NVDA, Narrator issue that appears in prior builds, appears here as well. For the time being, NVAccess releases an NVDA 2019.3 patch fixing the known bugs on Microsoft Edge.
- Windows 10 users may face a time-lag while installing a new build.
- A few devices simply fail to update to this build on an error code 0xc0000409. If you too encounter such an issue, turn off the updates until a future flight rolls in.
- There appears a broken rectangle icon while opening the Document/Download folder.
Release Note: Windows Blog