Today, we will discuss a great utility program- Google Chrome Cleanup tool in detail for Windows 10 users. Windows 10 comes empowered with Windows Defender, antivirus software to protect your System against virus attack, spyware, ransomware, etc. On top of this, the cleanup tool adds an extra security layer to protect you against unwanted ads, pop-ups and other types of malware.
ESET antivirus software has designed this Google Chrome Cleanup tool which is basically an extension. This tool starts running automatically on a regular basis to create a clean environment on your device. While running, it scans and removes any files, folders or software which is potentially not good for the System. A software that injects ads, pop-ups is certainly harmful to the basic functions on Windows 10 Machine. Let’s explore this utility tool in detail-
Use Chrome Cleanup Tool to remove malicious files
Here, we will see how to find this utility on Google Chrome then use the same to remove malware that lies in our System.
- At first, double click on Google chrome’s icon to let open this browser.
- Thereafter, move to the right top corner and tap hamburger (three-dotted points) option.
- Here, choose the settings option from the drop-down list (See snapshot).
- Now scroll down the cursor in the current window then hit Advanced.
- Henceforth, scroll down again and locate Reset and Clean up the tab.
- Succeeding after, make a click on the Clean up computer button.
- On the subsequent window, hit the Find button.
When you perform these steps, Google Chrome will start scanning your PC for malicious files and folders or unwanted software. This is necessary as they may inject ads, pop-ups or some other malware.
Though Google Chrome Cleanup Tool is not that proficient like some traditional antivirus program, still it can provide an extra security layer. In this way, it can protect your PC against unwanted software in addition to smoothing your online activities.