Microsoft has finally unveiled the stable version of Chromium Edge after one year of trials at Edge Insider. With this new project, the company made Edge a native web-browser and it will receive updates independently to that of monthly Windows 10 patches. It includes all the useful features that were tested on its legacy versions like Beta, Dev, or Canary. However, if you don’t want to continue with this, you may choose to uninstall Microsoft Chromium Edge.
Earlier, uninstalling Microsoft Edge poses security issues as this was a core component of Windows 10 OS. But, as of now, if you don’t like the performance of new Chromium Edge or face any other bugs, you may simply uninstall this web-browser. Let’s explore how to remove this application on Windows 10 PC –
RECOMMENDED – How to manually update Chromium Edge on Windows 10
How to Uninstall Microsoft Edge in Windows 10
To uninstall Microsoft Chromium Edge in Windows 10, use the steps –
- At first, press Win+I hotkey to launch the local Settings.
- Head over to the Apps Category thereafter Apps & features.
- Next, scroll down and tap Microsoft Edge on the adjacent right pane.
- When its box expands as shown below, press the Uninstall button.
- On the succeeding pop-up wizard, click Uninstall again.
- If the UAC prompts, press Yes to begin this task.
That’s it, your PC will remove this web-browser along with its cache, bookmarks, browsing history, etc.
If you ever want to re-download this application, visit Microsoft Edge Support and tap over the “Get the new Microsoft Edge now“.
Recent Articles on Chromium Edge
- Change profile name on Chromium Edge
- Add Colorful Title Bars for PWAs on Chromium Edge
- Uninstall PWAs from Chrome and Chromium Edge browsers