Windows is one of the most loved contributions of Microsoft in the world of computer technology. It is supported by various updates such as the .NET framework. This type of update helps in the working of numerous applications, services, and other associated programs. Though the .NET framework is an aid for running several apps, this update can be bugged by an error code 0x643 while installation.
This post will guide you to solve error code 0x643 incurred in Windows Updates. It mainly appears due to corruption in the .NET Framework installation or by an inconsistency in the MSI database state. This error occurs when updating .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, or 3.5 due to a corrupt or broken profile. You may receive the following message when this error occurs:
“Error(s) found: Code 643 Windows Updated encountered an unknown error”.
Windows Update Error Code 0x643
This error will limit the user from updating windows, try the following solution to rectify such error. Before you go to the solutions, we recommend you create a system to restore file.
1. Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
Windows Update troubleshooter is an inbuilt problem-solving feature of Windows which detects the error that appeared in the OS and rectifies it. To fix the error code 0x643 using troubleshooter follow these steps:
- Open the Start menu.
- Click on Settings (gear icon).
- Choose Update & Security.
- Select Troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooters.
- Select Windows Update and then click on Run the Troubleshooter.
- Once the process is completed, restart your PC.
2. Repair Microsoft .NET Framework
If the above solution does not work, try to repair the update of the .Net Framework. The most common cause of error code 0x643 is corrupted or defected .NET Framework which can be fixed manually from your PC’s Control Panel:
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to the Programs and Features.
- Look for Microsoft .NET Framework in the list of the apps.
- Once you find it, right-click on it and select the Repair or Change option from the menu list
- Click Yes if UAC prompts.
- Wait until it’s done and restart your PC.
Once you perform the above steps, the Error Code 0x643 when updating .NET Framework should be fixed now.