Whatsapp is the most widely used app for making calls, sending and receiving messages around the world. Whatsapp recently released a new update that allows its users “to set custom chat wallpaper” to their chats. To do so, go to your respective app store on Android/iOS and download WhatsApp’s latest build version.
Setting custom chat wallpaper on Whatsapp has a number of benefits; including preventing messages from being sent to the wrong chat or person, adjusting the brightness of the wallpaper, and assigning a different wallpaper to different contacts. This feature includes both Light and Dark themes.
What is WhatsApp’s Custom Chat Wallpaper?
Meta recently released an updated version of WhatsApp including a new feature called “Custom Chat Wallpaper”. The previous version of the WhatsApp application allowed its users to send and receive messages, photos, documents, videos, Gif files, make a call, video call and set the wallpaper for the chat background.
However, you could only set the same wallpaper for all chats. With this recent upgrade, users may now set a custom wallpaper for each chat (group or individual). Along with this feature, it also brings some additional features, such as wallpaper brightness adjustment.
How to Install and Use Whatsapp Desktop on Windows 11
Custom Chat Wallpaper on WhatsApp for Android
To change the chat wallpapers on WhatsApp for Android, use these steps –
- First of all, open Google Play Store and check if you are using the latest version of the WhatsApp application. If not, click the update button.
- Wait for this app to upgrade automatically. Once the update installs successfully, launch WhatsApp and do the following.
Step-1: Inside WhatsApp, choose the chat (group or individual) of which you want to custom change the wallpapers.
Step-2: Go to the top-right corner and click the three dots. Select Wallpaper using the drop-down menu.
Step-3: Choose either of the following four options i.e. “bright,” “dark,” “solid colors,” or “My photos.”
Note: All of these options have their own set of wallpapers from which to choose, but my photos will take you to photos inside your phone gallery.
Step-4: Choose a photo from the list. The selected wallpaper will be displayed on the preview screen. You can view more wallpapers by swiping right to left.
Step-5: At the bottom of the preview screen of the wallpaper you want, click “set wallpaper“. A confirmation window may appear next including the options – “For this chat (Name of the chat)” and “For all chats in (selected) theme.”
Step-6: Select your desired option and hit OK. The custom wallpaper for the chat of your choice is now set.
How you may remove the custom wallpaper on Android?
To remove the custom wallpaper on your android phone, do the following –
- Select the chat and click the three dots available to its top-right end.
- Click Change and then “Remove custom wallpaper”.
- When a confirmation window appears, hit Remove custom wallpaper.
How to customize WhatsApp wallpaper on iOS
If you are using WhatsApp on your iPhone, use these steps instead –
- On your iPhone, launch the WhatsApp application. (If you’re using an older version, go to the App Store and download the most recent version.)
- At the top of the screen, tap on the name or profile picture of the chat to which you want to set custom wallpaper.
- Select the chat for which you want to set wallpaper from the drop-down menu.
- Using the drop-down menu, choose “wallpaper and sound.”
- After that, start the “New Wallpaper” program.
- When the Chat Wallpaper screen appears, choose in-between the four options. They are “bright,” “dark,” “solid color,” and “photos.” Select the “photos” option to go to the gallery where your photos are stored.
- After you’ve decided on a wallpaper, resize it to fit your screen.
- Now that you’ve completed all of your settings, press the “Set” button. Return to chat after completing all of these steps to ensure that it has been properly applied.
Note: If you want to change your wallpaper, tap on your profile picture or name, then select “wallpaper and sound,”. Click “New wallpaper” next, tap “Remove custom wallpaper” and hit confirm.
What are the benefits of custom changing your Wallpapers on WhatsApp Chats?
Chatting on Whatsapp can be made easier by using custom wallpapers, which can help the user avoid accidentally messaging the wrong person. We have already seen how to set custom chat wallpaper in detail in this post. It is very simple to add custom wallpaper to the chat (it could be either a group or an individual chat).
Note: One may use his/her stored photos as well to set them as your chat backgrounds. Keep this in mind that when you change your own chat background, the other party chat wallpaper remains as per their own likings. So, both parties can use their own custom chat wallpaper for the same conversation.
That’s it, I hope you find this guide useful to custom change the chat Wallpaper on WhatsApp for both Android and iOS.
Read Next: How to Send Disappearing Messages on WhatsApp
Tip: If you are facing update, activation, or driver issues on your Windows PC, try RESTORO PC Repair Tool. This software will scan your device for potential issues and resolve them automatically.