Some users have reported the Resident Evil 2 Black Screen Problem on their PCs, while others say they encounter a black screen instead. The game can crash under different circumstances. This can happen just after the game launches, during a gaming session, or you might be encountered with a black screen while opening it. In this article, we will show you how to fix Resident Evil 2 Black Screen Problem on Windows 11/10.
There are a few possible reasons why one might observe this peculiar behavior, but a corrupt game is the most obvious. Another reason could be an outdated graphics driver or DirectX.
Related: How to Fix World of Warcraft Error WOW51900314
Why does Resident Evil 2 suddenly crash or show a black screen?
This peculiar behavior can be explained by some obvious factors, such as corrupted game files, which is one of the causes. But there are many other factors that could be responsible, such as outdated graphics drivers or DirectX. In this post, we have covered each of these factors.
Fix Resident Evil 2 crashing or showing a Black screen
If you are experiencing a crashing or black screen issue with Resident Evil 2 on your Windows 11 or 10, use the following methods to resolve the problem –
- Update the graphics card driver
- Use Restoro Repair Tool
- Change your screen resolution
- Update DirectX
- Reinstall Resident Evil 2
1] Update the graphics card driver
The graphics driver may be the cause of any gaming issue since outdated drivers are common and lead to errors. In order to rectify this error, make sure that your graphics driver is updated. See below for instructions –
- Right-click on Start to open the WinX Menu
- Select the Device Manager option from the menu list.
- To view information about your graphics card, expand Display adapters.
- Now right-click on your graphics card and select the Update driver option.
2] Use Restoro Repair Tool
This type of problem is usually due to a corrupted system file in Windows 11/10. When this problem continues to occur, the Restoro Repair Tool can help you detect and fix the corrupted files.
3] Change your screen resolution
You might see a black screen if you open the program in Windowed mode. For the game to work properly on your computer, you must alter the display resolution. To do so, follow the steps given below –
- Open the Resident Evil 2 app on your system.
- Press the Alt+Enter keys when the screen goes black.
- Now go to the Video Settings and make sure the resolution of your game is matched up with
- your device.
- Restart your computer and see if the problem has been resolved.
4] Update DirectX
An outdated DirectX program could also cause the issue, which is a must for games with high graphics requirements. To diagnose the problem, it is necessary for you to download and install the latest version of DirectX.
5] Reinstall Resident Evil 2
The problem could also be caused by a corrupt installation package, so you should try reinstalling the Resident Evil 2 program. To install the game, you need to uninstall it first, then download and install a fresh copy. The following steps will guide you through uninstalling Resident Evil 2 –
- Press the Windows+I keys to launch the Windows Settings.
- From the left pane, select the Apps option.
- Choose Apps & features from the right-hand pane.
- Scroll and locate the Resident Evil 2 program.
- After that, click the three dots and select Uninstall.
- Once again, click Uninstall to confirm the action
- Download the game again and reinstall it.
Minimum System Requirements for Resident Evil 2
Please make sure your PC meets the following requirements before running Resident Evil 2.
|1.||Operating System||Windows 11/10/8/7|
How do I fix the black screen on Windows 11?
If your computer is experiencing any graphics driver issues, the below steps will fix the black screen on your Windows 11 PC:
- Press the “Windows+Ctrl+Shift+B” keys simultaneously to restart the graphics driver in Windows 11.
- After a moment, your Windows 11 PC should have a black screen gone.
Hopefully, these solutions helped you resolve the issue.
Read Next: How to Fix EA Play Games Error Code 0xa3e903ed
Tip: If you are facing update, activation, or driver issues on your Windows PC, try RESTORO PC Repair Tool. This software will scan your device for potential issues and resolve them automatically.