Wab.exe is a very disturbing issue in Windows 10 which develops by means of spam emails, malicious websites and many others. This is an EXE legitimate processed file produced by the Microsoft Corporation. Basically, The error attempts to load during starting a program or while trying to open the device. However, Runtime errors are the most common case results in the program terminating abnormally where the poor programming seems to be caused.
Windows will not start without resolving these errors. Also, these types of errors can distort, replace and damage the existing EXE files. Therefore, it’s crucial to confirm that your device having anti-virus is updated and scanning regularly. Wab.exe is an executable natured file that carries a popularity rating 1 Star including Unknown Security rating. Along with, the currently known version of this executable file is 10.0.17763.1.
Fixing wab.exe files in Windows 10-
System infected with wab.exe malware usually manifests the following symptoms –
- This exe file utilizes high CPU space
- Constant system crashes
- The web browser redirects automatically to an improper website
- Windows PC slows down consistently
- Unsolicited pop-up ads start appearing on your PC
The malware effect can be irritating as this makes it challenging to use your PC after startup in the long run.
Common Wap.exe Error messages
The possible error messages can flash on the screen after getting affected by the virus are –
- Wab.exe Application Error
- Cannot find wab.exe
- Wab.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience
- Cannot find wab.exe
- Wab.exe is not a valid Win32 application
- Error starting program: wab.exe
- Wab.exe is not running
- Faulting Application Path: wab.exe
- Wab.exe failed
Here we have to walk a thought to fix wab.exe in Windows 10
- Make a Full Malware scan of the PC
- Remove the Unnecessary Programs
- End task related to wab.exe files
- Run Windows System file checker to resolve the wab.exe files
- Run Disk Cleanup utility
- Install all available Windows Updates
- Perform Reset this PC
- Use System Restore
How to fix the wab.exe files in Windows 10
If you’re meeting any of the above error messages on your screen, follow the steps to resolve it out properly –
1. Make a Full Malware scan of the PC
There’s is a possibility of having the wab.exe error on your system. These malware programs can damage or even can delete all the EXE relate files. Accordingly, we need to eliminate the malicious intruders by performing a full scan via the Windows Security Centre. By doing this, all the malicious troublemakers will delete from the device and you’ll get relieved of this Windows 10 error. For this, follow the directions as given below –
- At first, Click on the Start button and type Virus.
- Virus & threat protection will appear in the result, hit Enter key.
- Select the Scan options from the opened screen.
- Thereafter, click the radio button of the Full scan and then select the Scan now button to initiate the scanning process.
Once the scanning process complete, you’ll get notified about it.
2. Remove the Unnecessary Programs
- Press Win+I hotkey to open Windows Settings.
- Click on the Apps option.
- Find the applications that have to uninstall in the list of the running screen.
- Click on the faulty programs and select the Uninstall button from the extended pane.
- Click the Uninstall button again and then select Yes on UAC prompt for eliminating the program.
- Now, follow the on-screen instruction to complete uninstallation in order to fix wab.exe in Windows 10.
3. End task related to wab.exe files
To end a task is a temporary solution that can prevent the issue from going further and also can put a limit on the error for a while. Here are the steps –
- Do a click on the Start button and type Task
- Select Task Manager from the result.
- Navigate to Details tab in the opened page.
- Locate wab.exe from the list under the Name tab.
- Make a right-click on it once found.
- Select End task from the context menu to stop the continuing task.
4. Run Windows System file checker to resolve the wab.exe files
System File Checker is a beneficial and potent tool that checks and resolves the problems with your EXE system files. It will try to replace the problematic files once executed through the Command Prompt with admin rights. Follow the instructions to resolve the issue –
- Go to the Cortana and type cmd.
- From the appeared result, right click on the Command Prompt; Select Run as administrator.
- UAC prompts up for your confirmation, click on Yes.
- Type sfc /scannow and hit the Enter button.
By following this procedure, the problem will get sorted out automatically once found that.
5. Run Disk Cleanup utility
The issue is also likely to occur for these culprits too. Following instructions can erase all these junks and eventually you can have a great system performance getting free from wab.exe in Windows 10 error.
With time, your device gathers junk files from normal web surfing that makes the system sluggish and affect its performance. If these junk files aren’t cleaned out regularly, it can overload the hard drive causing an occurrence of the wab.exe error. Cleaning up these temporary files via Disk Cleanup will result in having the excellent system performance of your PC. Follow the instructions given below –
- Press Window+R altogether to launch the Run dialog box.
- Type cleanmgr and hit the Enter key.
- A pop-up will open. Select the drive (commonly C:) using the drop-down menu; Disk Cleanup will start with calculating the space.
- Click on Clean up system files button in the window.
- Again choose (C:) and then click OK.
- Select all items except Downloads on the next window of the Disk Cleanup.
- Click on OK and then Delete files when the confirmation dialog appears.
6. Install all available Windows Updates
To check the Windows Updates, follow the steps given below –
- Click the Start button; type update and hit Enter key.
- Hit on Update & Security.
- Click Check for updates button to download and install if any.
- Once the installation completes, restart your PC.
7. Perform Reset this PC
You can reset your device results in entirely restore the computer with original contents.
Note – We strongly recommend to create a backup of your critical files before going further to use this troubleshoot.
- Press Window+I to open the Windows Settings app.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Thereafter, Select Recover option from the left panel of the running window.
- Now, jump to the right pane. Click on Get started button under Reset this PC.
After that follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
8. Use System Restore
With the help of System Restore, your PC will revert to the time when everything was working fine. This will probably help you to avoid hours of headaches correlated with the EXE errors. Using this tool will not affect your data like – documents, photos or other. Follow the instructions given below –
- Click the Start button and type “System Restore” then hit the Enter key.
- Click System Restore button in the results.
- On the subsequent screen, click on Next and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Let the System restore working and wait patiently as it will take a notably large amount of time.
Wab.exe is the file executable in nature for the Windows Address Book — an authorized process file developed by Microsoft Corporation. In this way, you can protect your PC by following the above approaches against the unwanted malicious in addition to smoothing your daily activities.