Microsoft rolls in the Windows 10 20H1 Update on 28th May 2020 with enhanced features and refinements. The company has rigorously worked upon improving several bugs and errors that appear in the Fast/Slow Rings. Since Windows 10 2004 is now available to download via the Media creation tool version 2004, you must know the minimum system requirements beforehand. This is necessary so as to avoid your PC running into any issue or trouble.
To avail of the latest feature of Windows 10 2004 Update, your PC must meet a few system requirements. However, we recommend checking the known issues on Windows 10 20H1 in advance. If you find any issue that might affect your work, wait for the upcoming Tuesday security-patch. For the time being, you may halt or block the installation of the Windows 10 May 2004 Update either temporarily or permanently. Likewise Windows 10 1903 update, too requires a few prerequisites that you must meet on your device. Let’s explore them in detail –
System Requirements for Windows 10 Version 2004
To download and install Windows 10 20H1 Update, check out the following system requirements –
Minimum System specifications for Windows 10 2004 Update
You may get the Windows 10 2004 May 2020 Update only after meeting the following minimum prerequisites –
- RAM: 1 GB for 32-bit whereas 2 GB for 64-bit-based computers
- Processor: 1 GHz or faster/SoC processor (System-On-a-Chip)
- Hard-drive: A minimum of 32 GB for both 64-bit and 32-bit OS
- Graphics card: DirectX 9 or later
- Display resolution: Minimum display size (800*600)
To download and apply Windows 10 version 2004 to your device, your PC requires a minimum of 32 GB on the HDD likewise 19H1/19H2. Moreover, the above-specified storage includes 7 GB of space reserved for system files and settings.
Note: Windows 10 1809 or earlier Build versions require 16 Gigabyte space for 32-bit Operating System and 20 GB for 64-bit OS.
In case you are using the storage controller on Windows 10 desktop, follow the below specifications –
- The Storage host must support EFI (Extensible Firmware Interface) booting and follow the same path as mentioned in the EDD3.
- The space controller and adapter must meet the prerequisites for the device protocol. Additionally, they must follow the minimum system requirements according to the device storage bus type.
- The Bus-based controllers should incorporate the correct class/subclass meeting the PCI Codes. This should also follow the Assignments v1.6 specification.
To avail of the latest features of the Windows 10 May 2020 Update, your system must meet the following conditions –
- Supports – PAE, NX, and SSE2
- System Architecture – x86, x64, ARM64
- Compatible with – CMPXCHG16b, LAHF/SAHF, and PrefetchW (for 64-bit OS installation).
I hope now you know the minimum system requirements to download/install Windows 10 2004 on your computer.