Windows 10 Build 19028 [20H1] comes out to the Insiders in the Fast ring carrying small fixes, changes, and improvements. Just like every build for the last few weeks, this specific update also doesn’t include any new feature but rather some fixes and changes which are described in the below section. This lends probability to the rumor that 20H1 will RTM in December. Furthermore, it seems that the company is putting the finishing touches on it, although non-Insiders still won’t get their hands on it until the spring.
You will get build via Windows Update and for this, just follow the path Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update. Now, simply click on click on Check for updates button and let download the Build 19028 on your Windows 10 PC. Besides, to get this by itself you need to ensure that you haven’t either disabled or paused the automatic updates feature.
Windows 10 Build 19028 [20H1] changes and improvements
Here is the Windows 10 Build 19028 changelog –
- The Settings will not crash which used to occur when docking/undocking your device. Furthermore, this issue may have also affected the Action Center launch performance.
- Windows 10 maker resolved that issue which impacts the performance of the Printers & Scanners section of Settings loading.
- The company settles down an issue resulting in the Other People section under Storage Settings not displaying the correct size used.
- Furthermore, the team resolved the Windows Update history in Settings saying a Cumulative Update required a reboot, despite it already being installed. This problem mainly used to appear when a Feature on Demand had installed while the cumulative update was basically pending reboot.
- They also resolved the crashing issue in Photos app which occurs when interacting with HEVC images.
- Microsoft engineers are looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- Still, some Insiders didn’t get the Settings option outside of launching through the URI (ms-settings:). However, the company is working on this issue.
- As per the reports, on installing the printer drivers successfully from the Optional Updates section, the same driver is still exhibiting as available for install. However, you don’t need to worry, Microsoft is looking into the issue.
- The technician team investigating the reports of certain external USB 3.0 drives not responding with Start Code 10 or 38 after they’re attached.