“Optional features” is an advanced tool of Windows 10 that sanctions introducing several new characteristics which are by default not enabled. Using this, users may begin the SMB1 sharing protocol or turn on the XPS viewer app manually. In addition to these, Windows users can even add or remove some of the features related to DISM, Settings or PowerShell.
As per the recent findings, the experts are currently updating the Graphic user interface so as to manage the optional features effectively. There is a possibility that the company removes the language packs from the list.
How to reach to the Optional Features page
Here, we depict the necessary steps to turn on the optional features page on your Windows 10 20H1 OS-
- Press Win+I hotkey together to launch the Settings app.
- Here, navigate to the following path Apps –> Apps & Features.
- Now, switch to the corresponding right pane thereupon locate and click on the Manage optional features link.
- A new window will start containing various settings, apps, language packs, and others. See the Snapshot below-
Note: By default, this page is hidden. However, you can enable the same using a tool mach2.
This tool is often used to enable hidden features on Windows 10 PC.
How to Enable the new Optional Features Page on Windows 10 20H1
Follow these steps to turn on the new optional features on Windows 10 PC-
- At first, you need to download the mach2 tool. Click here to download the same from its official website. You must know your system architect (32 or 64 bit) to download the concerned files.
- Once you download the necessary setup files, do the right-click and tap Extract here to unzip the folder, for instance, C:\mach2.
- Next, start the Command Prompt with administrative privileges.
- Henceforth, open the folder containing the recently downloaded mach2 tool
cd /d c:mach2
- Subsequently, type the below command line followed by the “Enter” key.
mach2 enable 20721549
- At last, Reboot your PC to save the changes made so far.