Microsoft Edge Dev build 80.0.328.4 is now out with a large list of reliability improvements and bug fixes. This update doesn’t come with any new features, however, it settled down an issue where a certain website was causing the Edge browser to crash on launch. It also fixes a problem where closing a tab might cause the browser to crash.
In addition to this, a Native ARM64 version is now available to be released from this week for Canary. Once the browser gets updated, it will run much faster and use a very small battery life on ARM64 devices. To get Microsoft Edge Dev 80.0.328.4 Build, go to the top right corner of the screen and click Setting and more (Alt+F) > Help & feedback. Now, click on About Microsoft Edge in the sub-menu.
Microsoft Edge Dev Build 80.0.328.4 Improvements
Here is the Changelog –
- The company fixed a crash on launch.
- They resolved an issue where closing a tab sometimes causes the browser to crash.
- Now, when you install the extensions, the browser will not crash.
- Resolved an issue where navigating to certain websites crashes the browser.
- Microsoft team settled down an issue where Edge crashes on close, causing the Restore Tabs prompt to surprisingly appear at startup.
- The tech giant fixed an issue where only the first Edge window opened in a session is all white with no UI.
- Fixed a hang on launch.
- With Microsoft Edge Dev build 80.0.328.4, Edge on Mac will not hang. This issue used to arrive when a user hit the Restart button on the Settings page to install an update.
- The company fixed an issue where favorites options aren’t syncing perfectly between machines.
- They resolved certain issues where videos protected by DRM, such as on Netflix, don’t play.
- With this update, the Share dialog will not struggle to appear.
- Pinning a website to the Taskbar is accessible with this build.
- They mitigate the number of time sync error results in a prompt for user interaction.
- Enhanced the reliability of screenshots so that the appearing all black is reduced when submitting feedback.
- Microsoft expert team fixed an issue where extensions that are installed from the Chrome Web Store are not getting automatically updated.
- The software giant resolved an issue where Application Guard windows re-open when the browser is started even when the startup settings aren’t set to restore the previous session.
- With this build, the Taskbar icon for Edge can be updated to the new icon.
- On updating, two Edge icons will not appear on the Taskbar.
- Microsoft Edge Dev build 80.0.328.4 settled down an issue where some UI images on Mac have black backgrounds.
- The company resolved an issue where the first-run experience appears on every new tab for some users.
- The software giant fixed an issue where users in certain countries who are not signed in to Windows with a work or school account still are not able to remove “Work” profiles that were automatically added to Edge even after a previous fix for this issue was shipped.
- Developers team settle down a problem where the password saves promptly surprisingly emerges when filling out credit card info on some specific sites.
- With this update, the menu will not appear truncated.
- Now, the Edge browser will interact properly with other applications. These programs show dialogs in the foreground.
- While playing video, the Mac Touch Bar to switch tabs will not slug and work properly.
- The company settled down a problem where zoom is triggering in Reading View on Mac when it shouldn’t be.
- When new data types are available to sync, now you are able to set them by default.
- Resolved an issue where the sync customization page during the first run experience doesn’t properly enable sync for the selected items.
- Settled down an issue where enabling sync during the first run experience doesn’t enable sync on some specific data types.
- The company improved the function of importing favorites on Mac.
- The professional team updated the Sync Settings page to exhibit more types of data that will be available in the future.
- Microsoft expert team resolved an issue where there are two Passwords toggles and no Favorites toggle on the Settings page.
- On Mac, the Restart button will not always visible on the Language Settings page.
- Fixed an issue where importing browser data from other Chrome profiles than the default one exhibits an incorrect profile name during the import process.
- Resolved an issue where the setting to display the favorites bar is not imported properly from Chrome.
- They enhanced the images which are used when saving certain websites to a Collection.
- Now, you are able to copy all Collections items to the clipboard.
Microsoft Edge Dev build 80.0.328.4 Known issues
- According to the expert team, there are some issues in this build associated with multiple audio output devices that don’t get any sound from Edge. In one case, the browser becomes silenced in the Windows Volume Mixer and unmuting it fixes it. Whereas in another case, restarting the browser fixes it.
- There is a noticeable line between the browser UI and the web content at certain zoom levels
- In the previous month, several users got a “Work” account automatically added to the browser. In this build, it was not removable however, the company is working on it.
- Favorites that are configured to display only the icon can be reverted to exhibiting both the icon and text. It can be possible if favorites sync is enabled.
- According to the tech giant, clicking a link on one virtual desktop currently opens a new tab in a window on a different virtual desktop if there’s no window open on the current desktop but there is on another. This is a reverting from past behavior, which opened a new window on the current desktop.
- For some users, Jumplist entries are not compatible between the Start Menu and the Task Bar. As per the technician team, this is due to the shortcut on the Start Menu not getting migrated properly after an Edge update and are working on a fix. Besides, after getting the update for the new icon, there are still places on the Start Menu. For example, when searching, that still shows the old icon. Apart from this, other places like the Task Bar may be able to be fixed by un-pinning and then re-pinning any Edge shortcuts that already exist there if they weren’t fixed by the updates last week.
- Sometimes, the minimized Windows don’t restore suitably. It happens if the browser restores the previous session because of an update, a crash, and more. As a resolution, make sure that there are no any minimized before restarting the browser.
- The browser seems to not respond to any user input. Besides, clicking or scrolling in webpages doesn’t do anything, hovering over UI doesn’t make it change. However, clicking on certain buttons still works (like the … menu). It happens because of an error in the GPU process, and opening the browser task manager will open a window that will allow you to end the GPU process, which will fix the issue.