Microsoft rolls the stable version of Chromium Edge that you can get navigating to its official web-page. This replaces the old browser in appearance, settings, icons, and many other things. Windows 10 users are now officially allowed to use different flags and enjoy the new attributes and enhancements. Since the new web-browser is not a part of Windows 10 anymore, we discuss steps to manually update Chromium Edge.
Well, this signifies that Microsoft can now independently rolls new updates as soon as the new features and fixes suit on its beta version. The Company provides three insiders – Beta, Dev, and Canary which receives updates every 6 months, weekly and daily. However, you can always check for new versions manually and apply the same (if any exist).
How to Check available updates for Microsoft Edge
To update Chromium edge web-browser manually, use the steps –
- Tap over its icon to launch the new Microsoft Edge.
- Go to the top-right corner, hit the three horizontal bars and select Settings.
- On the succeeding window, choose About Microsoft Edge available at the left column.
- Microsoft will automatically search for any pending updates and download the same (if available).
Note: The browser will display a blue badge just below its icon along with the message “Microsoft Edge is up to date”.
If found otherwise, you will see a green badge that implies you need to restart the browser.
Though this article focuses on Windows 10, this is applicable to other Windows versions as well.
That’s it, hope you are now able to manually update Chromium Edge on your device.
Recent Articles on Microsoft Edge
- Add Colorful Title Bars for PWAs on Chromium Edge
- Change Profile Image on Microsoft Chromium Edge
- Enable Fullscreen Mode in Microsoft Edge
- Change profile name on Microsoft Edge
- Import browsing data from other browsers to Chromium Edge