Have you ever thought of downloading the Windows 10 updates manually and later installing them on your PC? Well, you can easily do this no matter which error you are receiving on your computer. The Update Catalog is an official site by Microsoft wherein developers put all the latest cumulative updates date-wise. In this post, we will discuss the correct way to manually download and install Windows 10 updates on your computer.
Downloading and Installing the standalone package becomes an essential process when you are encountering different update-related issues on your device. On this website, you may see the latest security-patches, servicing stack updates, optional updates, and several others. Let’s explore the necessary steps in order to manually perform this task.
Download and install Windows 10 updates via Update Catalog
If you are struggling to download and install Windows 10 updates, follow this alternate method –
- First of all, you need to know the latest cumulative update number. To do so, visit the Windows 10 Update History page.
- On the left pane, click the top link under the “In this Release“ section. See the Snapshot below –
- Head over to the right side and copy the patch number starting with “KB”.
- Now that you have noted down the CU number, visit Microsoft Update Catalog.
- Paste the copied number in the search bar and press Enter.
- You may now see all the updates starting with the typed-in number.
- Pick the one that matches your system architecture and hit the Download button.
- Hit the top link to start downloading the standalone package in the .msu file format.
- When the download completes, open the folder containing this file, and double-click on the setup file.
Note: Your system may restart several times during the update process. Nothing to worry about, just wait for this process to finish. Once over, you may start using your computer.