Microsoft has released Patch Tuesday security update KB5013952 for Windows 10 version 1607 via its Update Catalog website. As an alternative, you can also access the Windows Update section of your computer for pending updates. The cumulative update includes a number of bug fixes and quality improvements. It also updates the Build number of the OS to 14393.5125.
This security update brings quality improvements. The key changes are:
- Here’s something new! This update improves the service of Secure Boot in Windows.
- It addresses a problem that may occur when you use Netdom.exe to list or modify name suffixes routing, or when you use the Active Directory Domains and Trusts snap-in. You may encounter problems at those times. The error message reads, “Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.” This issue occurs after installing the January 2022 security update on the primary domain controller emulator (PDCe).
- It resolves an issue that causes Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) objects to not be properly cleaned up. As a consequence, sessions do not tear down properly and may become unresponsive.
- The Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS) could stop functioning due to an issue with Kerberos.dll. The error occurs when LSASS processes similar Service for User (S4U) user-to-user (U2U) requests at the same time for the same client user.
- Resolves a known issue that may prevent recovery discs (CDs or DVDs) from starting in Control Panel if they were created from the Backup and Restore (Windows 7) app. This issue occurs after installing Windows updates released on January 11, 2022, or later.
Known Issues on KB5013952
Some of the most common problems that you can encounter are as follows:
Symptom: When you install updates released on or after January 11, 2022, you might run into problems with apps that use Active Directory forest trust information or the Microsoft .NET Framework to acquire or set the information. The applications may fail or stop working, or you might encounter errors 0xc0000005 from the app or Windows.
Workaround: You can manually resolve this issue by applying out-of-band updates for the version of the .NET Framework on which the app runs.
How to download KB5013952 update on Windows 10 1607
Listed below are a few methods you can use to upgrade your operating system to OS Build 14393.5125 –
Make sure you download and install the latest service stack update for your computer. This will ensure the update process goes smoothly without encountering any bugs. KB5013952 is the latest SSU for Windows 10 1607.
1] Through Windows Update
Here are the steps you need to take to download KB5013952 :
- Go to Windows Settings by pressing Windows+I.
- Then select Update & Security > Windows Update.
- In the right pane, click Check for Updates.
- The update will be downloaded and installed automatically.
- After the download has been completed, restart your computer.
2] Microsoft Update Catalog
If the automated search fails to locate the patch, users can search the Microsoft Update Catalog manually. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to the Microsoft Update Catalog
- Type KB5013952 in the text field and press Enter.
- Select your system’s architecture (x86, ARM64, x64) and click Download.
- Then click the link at the top to download KB5013952.
- After downloading, install the “.MSU” file.
3] Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
Windows 10 will sync automatically with WSUS when the classification is Security Updates and Windows 10 is selected as the product.
WSUS configuration for updating –
- Product: Windows 10, version 1903 and later.
- Classification: Security Updates.
Tip: If you are facing update, activation, or driver issues on your Windows PC, try RESTORO PC Repair Tool. This software will scan your device for potential issues and resolve them automatically.