A new security update is now available for Windows 10 1607 under the title “KB5008207”. Installing this cumulative update will enhance the existing OS Build to 14393.4825. Apart from being a security patch, this update also resolves different printer errors and a bug that prevents apps from starting normally.
Here are the key changes on the Dec 2021 Security patch update for Windows 10 version 1607 –
- Updates security for your Windows operating system.
- Adds support for the cancellation of daylight savings time for the Republic of Fiji for 2021.
- Resolves printer errors 0x000006e4, 0x0000007c, or 0x00000709 while connecting to a remote printer that is already shared on a Windows print server.
- Fixes a known issue on Windows 10 1607 that prevents apps like Kaspersky from starting. This occurs only when you attempt to repair or update the apps using the Microsoft Installer (MSI).
Known Issues on this Build update
Several users complained of facing an issue that affects their Windows servers already in use as a Key Management Services (KMS) host. Client devices who are running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 and Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2016 might fail to activate.
Note: This problem occurs only when you use a new Customer Support Volume License Key (CSVLK). While this indeed is a problem, it doesn’t affect the activation of any other version or edition of Windows.
Client devices who try to activate Windows might encounter an error 0xC004F074. When you open the Event log entries by reaching out to Windows Logs > Application, you will see only event ID 12288 without any corresponding event ID. This means your device is facing either of the following –
- The KMS client could not reach the KMS host.
- The KMS host did not respond.
- The client did not receive a response.
Solution: Microsoft is working on a resolution to this bug and might provide an update in an upcoming release.
How to Get this patch update
Before you go and install this build update, make sure to install the recent servicing stack update i.e. KB5005698. This will ensure that the Windows 10 1607 transition to Build 14393.4825 completes without getting into any new issue.
The KB5008207 cumulative update is available via all four channels i.e. Windows Update, Windows Update for Business, Microsoft Update Catalog, and WSUS.
If you haven’t restricted Windows update from receiving updates regularly, the system will automatically download and install the respective patch update. In case you do, follow the steps below on how to manually upgrade your PC to OS Build 14393.4825.
- First of all, visit the Microsoft Update Catalog site.
- This site will then display an array of available updates with different system architectures.
- Pick the one that best matches your system configuration, and hit Download.
- Moving ahead, click the top link to start downloading the standalone package.
- When the download completes, double-click on the setup file (.msu) to begin its installation.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the remaining steps.
I hope you were now able to successfully install the December security update on your computer.
Tip: If you are facing update, activation, or driver issues on your Windows PC, try RESTORO PC Repair Tool. This software will scan your device for potential issues and resolve them automatically.