Microsoft releases a new cumulative update for Windows 11 i.e. KB5006674 that upgrades the existing OS Build to 22000.258. Since this is a security patch, it primarily deals with improving the existing conditions of the Update components, built-in services, and a few others.
Restoro is a great repair tool that finds and fixes different error codes automatically in Windows OS. Having this tool will protect your PC against malicious codes, hardware failures, and several other bugs. Moreover, this also ensures you use your PC to its fullest capabilities and performance.
Here are the key changes on this security patch update for Windows 11 –
- Improves the security of all Windows components and Microsoft services.
- Resolves known compatibility issues between some Intel “Killer” and “SmartByte” networking software and Windows 11 (original release). The devices that have the affected software simply drop User Datagram Protocol (UDP) packets under certain conditions. Due to this, several users notice performance as well as other issues for protocols based on UDP. As a result, these issues were occurring –
- Some sites load faster while others take a huge time to even get to the first contentful paint.
- If you stream or watch videos, the playback would be in lower resolutions.
- VPN solutions based on UDP might also be slower.
Known Issues on KB5006674
Till the writing of this post, we have not come across any issues with this build update. However, as Windows 11 is still new, you may get a few. In case you indeed face any trouble or issue, report the same using the feedback channel.
How to Get this Patch Update
Very similar to what we have observed on Windows 11, Microsoft created a new space where you can get all the recent Build updates of the Windows 11 operating system. You may get the KB5006674 cumulative update by following either of the below channels –
- Windows Update: Go to Settings > Windows Update, and hit Check for updates. The system will run to scan any pending update for your device. In case it does find any available update, the same gets installed automatically.
- Windows Update For Business: Very alike to the above channel.
- WSUS: This update will automatically sync with WSUS if you configure Products and Classifications as follows:
- Product – Windows 11
- Classification – Security updates
How to manually download and install KB5006674
All of the above sources are automatic in nature, and you need not require to do anything from your side. However, if you want to test the new features and improvements, you may manually download/install the standalone package.
- Visit the Windows 11 Update history page first.
- On the left pane, you will find a KB number along with its published date.
- Note down this number, and visit Update Catalog next.
- On its search bar, type the number that you just copied, and press Enter.
- From the available list, choose the one that best matches your system architecture.
- Hit Download next to the chosen link, and thereafter click upon the top link.
- Now, when the download completes, open the folder containing the setup file, and double-click on it.
- Performing so will reboot your device and start installing the latest cumulative update on your Windows 11 PC.