On October 2021 Patch Tuesday, Microsoft releases a new cumulative update KB5006669 for Windows 10 version 1607. Installing this security patch will increase the OS Build number to 14393.4704. This cumulative update is now rolling out through Windows Update, Microsoft Update Catalog, and WSUS with a number of bug fixes and improvements.
Restoro is a great repair tool that finds and fixes different error codes automatically in Windows OS. Having this tool will protect your PC against malicious codes, hardware failures, and several other bugs. Moreover, this also ensures you use your PC to its fullest capabilities and performance.
Here are the key changes on the Oct 2021 Security patch update for Windows 10 version 1607 –
- Users who were earlier getting an error while signing in to a domain controller will found the issue resolved. This problem mainly occurred when you use Directory Services Restore Mode (DSRM) over a Remote Desktop or a Hyper-V enhanced session.
- Resolves an issue with the just-in-time (JIT) behavior of jscript9.dll.
- No more problems while using an internet print server from packaging a driver to send to the client.
- Works upon an issue that occurs when the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) bind cache is full, and the LDAP client library receives a referral.
- Resolves a redirector stop error that is caused by a race condition. Such a race condition occurs when the system deletes binding objects when connections close.
- Fixes an anomaly that prevents a few tasks from deletion even when they are set to delete with timer activates.
- No more redirection issues when redirecting from Internet Explorer 11 to Microsoft Edge.
- Works upon an issue with a non-paged pool (NPP) leak from the UxSF pool tag. This leak occurs when lsass.exe stops processing asynchronous Security Support Provider Interface (SSPI) calls.
- Microsoft adds and implements a new group policy for the following registry key.
Registry location: HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Printers\PointAndPrint
Value name: RestrictDriverInstallationToAdministrators
Value data: 1
Known Issues on this Build update
As of now, Microsoft is not aware of any known issues with this cumulative update.
How to Get this patch update
Before you update your system to this Build version, you need to make sure that you have already installed the latest SSU (KB5005698) on your computer.
The KB5006669 cumulative update is available via all four channels i.e. Windows Update, Windows Update for Business, Microsoft Update Catalog, and WSUS.
If you haven’t restricted Windows update from receiving updates regularly, the system will automatically download and install the respective patch update. In case you do, follow the steps below on how to manually upgrade your PC to OS Build 14393.4704.
- First of all, visit the Microsoft Update Catalog site.
- In the search bar, type “KB5006669”, and hit Enter.
- This site will then display an array of available updates matching your system architecture.
- Pick the one that best matches your system configuration, and hit Download.
- Moving ahead, click the top link to start downloading the standalone package.
- When the download completes, double-click on the setup file (.msu) to begin its installation.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the remaining steps.
I hope you find this article useful to keep your Windows 10 version 1607 up to date.