September 2021 Security Patches are now available for all versions of Windows 10 at Microsoft Update catalog. In this post, we will discuss what comes new with KB5005573, the security patch for Windows 10 1607, known issues, and ways following which you may install it on your PC.
Editor Tip: RESTORO is a great software that can automatically find and resolve update, activation, or driver issues on your Windows 11/10 PC. Having this tool ensures that you can use your device to its fullest capacity.
Download: RESTORO PC Repair Tool
Though KB5005573 is the latest cumulative update of this Patch Tuesday, you will notice a few fixes and improvements that normally appear with non-security ones. Without delaying any more, let’s have a look at what comes new with OS Build update 14393.4651.
Since this is a security patch, this will improve the security of the whole Windows operating system. Apart from this, Microsoft also brings a few fixes and improvements which are outlined below –
- Addresses Memory leak issues that occur mainly during prolonged Remote Desktop audio redirection.
- Patches non-paged memory leaks that used to occur in the FLTMGR.SYS driver. As per them, this bug appeared only because of a reference count issue in the DFS.SYS driver during cluster failover. Since the developers have already resolved this problem, the system won’t become unresponsive anymore.
- Users may now track Distributed Component Object Model (DCOM) activation without getting into any bugs or issues.
- One may now write to a Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) repository even when a low memory condition happens.
- Improves the usage of the robocopy command with the backup option (/B) to address copy failures in the future. Such a problem occurs only when the source files contain Alternate Data Streams (ADS) or Extended Attributes (EA) and the destination is an Azure Files share.
- No more issues while using the Authentication Mechanism Assurance (AMA). Previously, several users had reported that they face trouble while migrating to Windows Server 2016 (or newer versions of Windows). This issue had also occurred when using AMA in conjunction with certificates from Windows Hello for Business.
How to get this Patch Update
Your system will receive this cumulative update automatically via the Windows update section. If you hadn’t yet received this security patch, navigate to the below location, and hit Check for updates –
- Settings (Win + I) > Update & Security > Windows Update
Alternatively, you may also download its standalone package and install it manually on your computer. To do so, use these steps –
Note: By default, Microsoft offers a servicing stack update with each LCU. For the KB in the discussion, you may download and install KB5005698.
- First of all, visit Microsoft Update Catalog.
- Here, you may see the KB5005573 update for all system architectures (x86, x64, and ARM64).
- Pick the one that is running on your PC, and hit the Download button next to it.
- On the subsequent screen, click over the link.
- The chosen standalone package starts downloading on your computer.
- When the download completes, double-click over the setup file to begin its installation.
- That’s it, your PC is now upgraded to Build 14393.4651.
Known Issues on this Build Update
We have not yet come across any issue after installing KB5005573 on Windows 10 version 1607. Let’s know in the comment section if you do find any bug or issue.
Tip: If you are facing update, activation, or driver issues on your Windows PC, try RESTORO PC Repair Tool.This software will scan your device for potential issues and resolve them automatically.