On Tuesday Patch day, Microsoft has released a new cumulative update KB5004245 for devices running Windows 10 1909. This update is rolled out as a security update increases the OS Build to 18363.1679. It updates for verifying usernames and passwords to improve security for the basic operations performed by Windows. The company has worked on multiple updates like Windows Virtualization, Windows Linux, the Windows Kernel, the Windows MSHTML Platform, Windows Graphics, and others.
Some other applications on which Microsoft has updated the security improvement are Windows Apps, Windows Management, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Authentication, Windows User Account Control (UAC), Operating System Security, and the Microsoft Scripting Engine. Here in this update, the company has added Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption protections for CVE-2021-34527.
It’s not everybody getting it to the same time, but it started rolling out on July 13th. So if you go to Windows update, or if your computer tells you there’s an update, it is a mandatory update because it has to do with security and it’s very important to apply.
As soon as we come to know the changes and known issues in this update, we will provide it immediately, but still, there is not a single issue that has been encountered with the cumulative update KB5004946.
How to Get this Update
There are three different methods you can use to download and install the KB5004245 security update, but before this, you must install the SSU update KB5001406 or the latest SSU KB5004748 on your device.
1] Through Windows Update
Use the following steps to download the KB5004245 security update –
- Press Win + I keys to launch the Windows Settings.
- Select Update & Security > Windows Update.
- Now move to the right and click Check for Updates.
- This will start the downloading procedure and install the pending update automatically. Once it downloads, restarts your PC to finish the installation.
2] Update Catalog
The next method is to download the security patch manually through the Microsoft Update Catalog. Here’s how to do this –
- Open the Microsoft Update catalog.
- In the text field, type KB5004245 and press Enter to open the list of available updates.
- Select the update that meets your system architecture (x64, x86, ARM64), and then hit the Download button.
- Click the top link on the download screen and the update starts downloading immediately.
- Once it downloads, right-click on the .MSU file and then select Install.
3] Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
If you want to get this update via WSUS, make sure your PC is configured as follows –
- Product: Windows 10, version 1903 and later
- Classification: Security Updates