On Tuesday Patch day, Microsoft has released a new cumulative update KB5003635 that brings quality improvements and fixes for devices running Windows 10 1909. The update is rolled out as a security update increases the OS Build to 18363.1621. It improves different Windows services and updates security for the basic operations performed by Windows. The company has worked on some other updates like Windows OLE (compound documents) security, for verifying usernames and passwords, for storing and managing files, including some input devices like mouse, keyboard, or pen.
Like every Windows Update, you can download and install KB5003635 from the Settings app. However, if you don’t get the updates on time, you can download and install the update manually such as Microsoft Update Catalog, Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).
KB5003635 – Fixes and Improvements
This security update comes with the following improvements and fixes –
- Microsoft has worked on the inconsistent shutdown that was occurring during the Windows Update. This problem damaged the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) repository due to which the Managed Object Format (MOF) Advance Installer got failed.
- The cumulative update KB5003635 fixes this issue that prevented signing into some Microsoft 365 desktop client apps after updating your PC to the Windows 10 May 2021 Update (21H1).
- This update fixed another problem that occurs while trying to authenticate or sign in to Teams. It comes with an error message – 80080300 error or “We ran into a problem. Reconnecting…”.
- Windows 10 team has provided the security update for the following –
Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Management, Windows Cloud Infrastructure, Windows Authentication, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Virtualization, Windows Kernel, Windows HTML Platform, and Windows Storage and Filesystem.
Known Issues on KB5003635
No known issue has been yet reported with this update.
How to Get KB5003635 Security Patch
To download KB5003635 security update, you can use three different methods. But before you download this update, you must install the SSU update KB5001406 or the latest SSU KB5003710 on your computer.
1] Through Windows Update
Use the following steps to download KB5003635 security update –
- Press WinKey + I to launch the Windows Settings.
- Select Update & Security > Windows Update.
- Now move to the right and click Check for Updates.
- This will start the downloading procedure and install the pending update automatically. Once it downloads, restarts your PC to finish the installation.
2] Update Catalog
If the automatic search doesn’t receive any pending update, you can download the security patch manually through the Microsoft Update Catalog. Here’s how to do this –
- Open Microsoft Update catalog page.
- In the text field, type KB5003635 and press Enter to open the list of available updates.
- Select the update that best matches your system architecture (x64, x86, ARM64), and then hit the Download button.
- Click the top link on the download screen. KB5003635 starts downloading immediately afterward.
- When the download completes, right-click on the .MSU file and then select Install.
3] Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
If you want to get this update via WSUS, make sure your PC is configured as follows –
- Product: Windows 10, version 1903 and later
- Classification: Security Updates