Microsoft finally released the optional cumulative update i.e. KB5003214 for Windows 10 21H1, 20H2, and 20H1 users. This will be a non-security update and is going to bring quality fixes to your device. The same will update your respective Windows 10 version to 1904x.1023 wherein “x” varies from 1-3 for 2004, 2009, and 21H1 updates respectively.
KB5003214 Optional Update Changelog
Here are the key changes that you will get after installing this non-security update on Windows 10 –
- The same will update Windows 10 21H1 to Build 19043.1023, version 20H2 to 19042.1023, and version 20H1 to 19041.1023.
- Users may now get access to the feature “News and Interests” on the Taskbar.
- Improves the news and interests hover experience so as to avoid accidental touch-opening.
- The News and Interests menu now features an “Open” button that you may access by right-clicking anywhere on the taskbar.
- Works upon a long pending issue wherein the pinned phone apps on the taskbar don’t start even after multiple pressing over it.
- Resolves an issue in which deleted items continue to appear on the Desktop.
- Users may now switch in between an external HDR and internal non-HDR without worrying about the video playback failing in the process.
- You may now get the spatial audio effects to sounds after enabling Spatial Audio.
- No more issues while receiving geographic location information.
- Works upon a Noise issue that occurs only when you enable spatial audio and use Bluetooth USB headphones altogether.
Known Issues on this Update
- Error 0x800f0922: This bug may appear if you uninstall Microsoft Edge on your device. Reinstall it back and the issue gets resolved automatically.
- Error 0x800f0988: Read on how to Fix Update Error 0x800f0988 in Windows 10.
- After applying this update, Dolby Digital audio may produce a high-pitched noise or squeak in certain apps. This problem doesn’t occur when stereo is used.
How to download and install KB5003214
There’s no need to install any servicing stack update for this cumulative update to follow upon. However, you must install the May 11, 2021 update (KB5003173) before applying this optional update on your device.
After you downloaded and applied the above cumulative update, follow these steps to get KB5003214 –
- First of all, visit the Update Catalog site.
- Locate the update matching your Windows 10 version and system configuration.
- Click the Download button available at the right end.
- On the subsequent window, click the top link.
- When the download completes, double-click over the setup file to begin its installation.
Alternatively, you may also get the cab updates of KB5003214 for different system architecture from here –
The above links are of the Windows 10 KB5003214 update with file format .cab. In case, you don’t know how to install cab files on your device, read this article.